About Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University:
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is an independent, culturally
diverse institution providing quality education and research in
aviation, aerospace, engineering and other related fields with
residential campuses located in Daytona Beach, Florida and
Prescott, Arizona. The University’s Worldwide campus provides
educational opportunities online and at approximately 130 locations
throughout the United States, Asia, Europe, and Central/South
As the largest and most comprehensive aviation and
aerospace-focused university in the world, Embry-Riddle is a unique
institution. Over the past 90 years, the University has evolved
with industry to break new ground and produce top-level graduates
who serve the ever-changing needs of aviation and aerospace and
other STEM-related disciplines. Embry-Riddle offers programs in
seven primary fields of study including: Applied Science; Aviation;
Business; Computers and Technology; Engineering; Safety, Security
and Intelligence; and Space.
For Academic Year 2021-22, there were over 11,000 undergraduate,
graduate, and doctoral students that attended the University’s
residential campuses and approximately 31,300 students in total
enrolled with the University around the world.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University's Accounting team is currently
looking for an experienced Staff Accountant. Reporting to the
Director of Accounting, the Accountant is responsible for
moderately complex accounting transactions, various account
reconciliations, and the preparation of reports relating to
compliance with Financial Aid Programs. The position will also
assist with accounting and compliance matters relating to Sponsored
Programs. The position requires a strong communicator with a
team-player attitude that will serve as liaison between University
Accounting and University departments such as Financial Aid,
Student Account Services, Budget and Finance, and the Office of
Sponsored Research Administration.
Responsibilities include the following:
Required Education and Experience:
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries
to general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
- Provides monthly, quarterly and annual reports/schedules to
Accounting, Financial Aid, Budget and Finance, and internal and
- Reconciles assigned balance sheet accounts, preparing adjusting
entries as necessary.
- Provides interpretation and application of financial policies,
governmental legislation and regulations, and/or accounting theory
to multiple University departments.
- Assists with additional accounting projects as assigned.
Required skills, knowledge, abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance, or related field is
- Experience in higher education is preferred.
- At least 3+ years of experience with accounting relating to
Financial Aid and/or Sponsored Programs.
- Experience with Workday Finance is preferred.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite with demonstrated
strong skills in Excel.
- Demonstrated self-starter, with strong analytic, problem
solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent customer service orientation, communication skills
(both oral and written), interpersonal and organizational
- Ability to work well with diverse internal and external
constituents in a team-oriented environment.
- Willingness to share knowledge and information and to learn new
- Coordinate and maintain multiple tasks simultaneously as well
as deliver responses and results within established
- Demonstrate initiative through early identification of problems
and resourcefulness in timely resolution.
- Demonstrate openness and responsiveness to new ideas and change
as well as the ability to influence others likewise.
- Demonstrate ability to follow through and implement plans and
- Project and establish a standard reflecting a professional
image through dress, demeanor, and office environment.