The Career Advisor provides professional career development
services to the students and alumni of National University. Skilled
in career counseling, resume and cover letter development,
interviewing techniques, career assessments, job search and other
professional development topics. Facilitates workshops, assists
with planning and implementing career events. Plays a key role in
assisting students and alumni with navigating the job portal.
Tracks and reports student and alumni engagement with career
Career Counseling and Advisement
- Provide online career counseling to students and alumni on
professional development topics such as Resume and Cover Letter
Development, Interview Preparation, Job and Internship search
strategies, LinkedIn, Mock Interviews, Career Transition and other
topics as requested
- Administer and interpret career-related tests and inventories
to assess abilities, interests, and to identify career options and
related degree programs
- Support and participate in virtual career fairs, employer
information sessions, and classroom presentations
- Serve as a liaison to school faculty, represent Career Services
in school meetings, University committees, events and professional
associations as needed.
- Active participant in all operational aspects of Handshake, the
Career Services online portal, and functions as a point person for
Handshake as it relates to students/alumni
- Maintain updated records of meetings with students, students’
career advancement and employment activities
Supervisory Responsi bilities:
- Facilitate and plan weekly career development online workshops
weekly on Resume Development and Interviewing
- Assist in the marketing and promotion of career-related events
and programs specifically aimed at engaging students and
- Reasonable and consistent Attendance to fulfill requirement of
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’ degree in Counseling, Higher Education, Student
Affairs, Career Development or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Career Services, Higher
Education, or related functional area within a college
- Experience in higher education preferred.
- Experience working in a technology-driven enterprise
- All skills, abilities and education will be considered for
- Demonstrates labor market and industry knowledge pertaining;
familiarity with fastest growing occupations and companies
- Communicates effectively, listens sensitively, and adapts
communication to audience
- Strong presentation abilities (verbal, written, online
- Build and maintain relationships with employers to increase
opportunities for students/alumni
- Knowledge of employment trends and current job market
- Proficient in MS Office to include Excel, Outlook, Word,
PowerPoint, and career-related technology.
- Provide career-related information/updates on website, job
portal, social media, and other communication channels.
- Serve a diverse student body, including international students
and student veterans and promote diversity, equity, and
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects
simultaneously, excellent organizational skills with attention to
details; good follow-up and follow-through and use of independent
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and other applications in the
Microsoft Office Suite
No Travel Required
National University is committed to maintaining a high-quality,
diverse workforce representative of the populations we serve. As a
network of nonprofit educational institutions, the System employs
more than 3,300 faculty and staff and serves over 41,000 students.
We are united in our mission to meet the global education demands
of the 21st Century and are dedicated to creating a supportive
academic and work environment that allows for students, faculty and
staff to develop their interests and talents while experiencing a
sense of community and a commitment to diversity. With programs
available both online and at our many campus locations, National
University is a leader in creating innovative solutions to
education and meeting the needs of our diverse student population,
including adult learners and working professionals.
National University offers an opportunity to work in an
innovative environment that supports diversity.
National University (NU) is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee
or applicant for employee per applicable federal, state and local
laws. At NU, a diverse mix of highly talented, innovative and
creative people come together to make the impact of a
lifetime for each of our student learners. All qualified applicants
will receive equal consideration for employment, education, and
admission at National University. We are focused on equality and
believe deeply in diversity of race, color, ancestry, age, family
care status, veteran status, marital status, creed, religion, sex,
gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin,
and other legally protected group status.