- Georgia Southern University
- Georgia, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 6, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Education Administration & Leadership
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Job ID: 249776
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
Statesboro Campus - Statesboro, GA
Office of Leadership and Community Engagement
Serve as vital member of Office of Leadership and Community Engagement. Co-coordinate the Southern Leader's Program and teach leadership courses in the co-curricular leadership program.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Represent unit and University at recruitment events
- Assist in the implementation of the Sustain Southern Leadership Program
- Teach leadership courses each semester
- Co-coordinate Southern Leaders Program, primarily developing the Freshman year experience
- Coordinate assessment efforts for Southern Leaders Program
- Coordinate curriculum and assessment efforts for the BUILD Program
- Co-coordinate the Southern Leadership Institute
- Supervise 1-2 graduate assistant(s)
- Co-coordinate marketing efforts for Southern Leaders Program
- Deliver professional development workshops to internal and external constituents
- Master's degree in student affairs, higher education, educational leadership or related field
- One (1) or more years of related work experience to include applicable collegiate experience, graduate assistantships, or professional experience
- Teaching experience in higher education
- Program development, implementation, and assessment experience
- Supervisory experience
This is a non-exempt position paid on a biweekly basis.
Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter
- Two (2) Professional References
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Ability to work well in a diverse and inclusive environment through commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Proficiency with computer and Microsoft Office applications software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases
- Exhibit personal code of ethics within professional practice
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Knowledge and effective application of student development and leadership theory
- Thorough knowledge of emerging trends and needs of students
- Demonstrated leadership
- Effective communication (verbal and written), organizational and human relations skills
- Skilled in assessment and continuous improvement of Student Affairs programs in higher education
- Project management skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Team building experience
Apply Before Date
Open until filled
Application review may begin as early as October 3, 2022.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at email@example.com.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Legally authorized to work in the United States for the duration of employment without assistance from the University.
Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
Proof of valid driver's license upon hire and throughout employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work generally performed in an office setting.
- Workweek may extend beyond 40 hours to evenings and weekends.
- May be required to travel, occasionally
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without accommodation
- Ability to drive university vehicles
- This is a supervisory position.
- Standard + Education & DMV
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=249776&PostingSeq=1
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert