Senior Capital Projects Manager
About the Opportunity
Under the general direction of the Associate Vice President - Real
Estate & Capital Projects, the Senior Capital Projects Manager
is responsible for the management of capital projects including
large and complex multi-million dollar projects. Project types
include research and teaching laboratories, student housing,
classrooms, offices as well as specialized construction. Contribute
to the development and organization of project management processes
and procedures to support the activities of the Real Estate &
Capital Projects group.
- Coordinate and manage multiple technically complex capital
project activities with both in-house and outside consultants
including preparation and administration of consultant contracts.
- Supervise resident engineers assigned to oversee construction
activity on multiple projects.
- Manage and coordinate feasibility studies including preparing
program information, coordinating work of interdepartmental groups,
and working with all levels of the University.
- Review planning and contract documents prepared by outside
consultants to ensure compatibility with University standards and
- Prepare financial analyses and preliminary total project cost
- Establish, track, and manage budget during course of
- Perform contract administration and manage resident engineers
for construction of a variety of capital projects including new
construction, alteration, utility installations and roadways.
- Serve as the University's representative to external agencies
including local officials on assigned projects.
The position requires the ability to work independently and
allocate resources consistent with Division goals. Prepare written
and graphic presentations. Maintain proficiency in word processing,
spread sheets and various computer database systems used in
professional management organizations. Promote and assure
continuous improvement; establish and maintain productive
relationships with a full range of personnel that reflect a strong
commitment to customer service.
- Professional degree in architecture, engineering, or a related
- Professional registration (Arch. or PE) in Massachusetts or the
ability to obtain Massachusetts registration within one year.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible
experience with multi-discipline, multi-million dollar construction
projects including a minimum of three (3) years experience managing
project support staff.
- Minimum of twenty (20) years experience in lieu of professional
- Demonstrated ability in establishing and maintaining productive
relationships with a full range of campus and external constituents
(including local agencies) that reflect a strong customer service
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement imaginative
solutions to complex problems.
- Demonstrated experience in using scheduling, spreadsheet, word
processing and database software systems.
- Thorough knowledge of construction practices, project budget
development, scheduling, tracking and control.
- Ability to access any portion of a construction/facility
- Master's degree in Architecture or Engineering
- Experience in higher education facility planning and
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking
to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and
staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its
forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect
that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability
status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and
support of diversity and inclusion, please see
To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Boston-MA-Main-Campus/Senior-Capital-Projects-Manager_R111182