- Johnson County Community College
- Kansas, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 6, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Human Resources Administration
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Johnson County Community College
Position, Department: Assistant Teacher, Operations
Type of Position: Part-time Regular, Non-Exempt
Work Schedule, Hours per week: Hours vary betweeen 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., 30 hours per week
Pay Range: $16.50 - $20.63 *Actual pay depends on qualifications
Benefits Category: Part-time Benefits
Position Summary: Aid in the preparation and implementation of a program appropriate for a designated group of young children.
- Twelve college credit hours in early childhood education or a
- Experience with children in a group setting
- Experience with word processing and general computer
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Experience with children within the age range of 12 months to 6
- Experience in a child care center or preschool.
To be considered for this position we will require an application, resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcripts.
*Unofficial transcripts are required for all Adjunct faculty and Faculty positions.
Position Details: Job duties include but are not limited to:
- 1. ASSIST IN THE DAILY OPERATION OF AN ASSIGNED CLASSROOM TO MEET BEST PRACTICES Performance is acceptable when: a. Guidelines for state licensing, national accreditation, and the federal food program are met. b. Classroom Coordinator is advised of equipment and supply needs. c. Classroom and outdoor play area are well-maintained.
- 2. ASSIST IN THE IMPLEMENTATION OF A DEVELOPMENTALLY APPROPRIATE CURRICULUM FOR THE CHILDREN SERVED Performance is acceptable when: a. Lesson plans are followed. b. Assessment on children is ongoing and current. c. Interactions with children are meaningful and respectful.
- 3. ESTABLISH RECIPROCAL RELATIONSHIPS WITH FAMILIES Performance is acceptable when: a. Families are greeted upon arrival and departure. b. Daily contact sheets are maintained on all children. c. Parent/Teacher conferences are attended.
*Duties and responsibilities, as required by business necessity, may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing. Scheduling, shift assignments and work location may be changed at any time, as required by business necessity.
Diversity Statement: Here at Johnson County Community College, we seek to inspire positive change for our students, faculty, and staff through promoting growth and development of all individuals. We aim to create a sense of belonging, accepting all values, life experiences, and perspectives on our campus. We are seeking individuals who will bring their true, authentic selves to JCCC so we can broaden perspectives with innovative ideas, interests, and passions, while fostering and promoting our diversity commitments to our community. We believe that engaging all of our unique employees is the key to students' success. You belong here.
About JCCC: Established in 1969, Johnson County Community College is dedicated to transforming lives and strengthening communities through learning. Located in Overland Park, Kansas, JCCC has enjoyed a national reputation for educational excellence and student success for more than 50 years. That's five decades dedicated to smaller class sizes, more resources and a thriving campus culture - not to mention our competitive tuition rates and extracurricular experiences that transcend the norm.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johnson County Community College (JCCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. JCCC provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.
Disclosure: If you need any assistance throughout the search process, please reach out to the HR Generalist for this position. In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email JobsAtJCCC@jccc.edu.
To apply, please visit: https://careers.jccc.edu/en-us/job/495031/assistant-teacher
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert