City Colleges of Chicago (CCC)
, the largest community
college system in Illinois, is made up of seven colleges and five
satellite sites, providing more than 68,000 students each year
access to a quality, affordable education.
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager – Strategic Initiatives in
Adult Education, the Career Coach – Career Bridge Program
will manage student support services for Adult Education Bridge
students and graduates for the purpose of recruitment, retention,
and employment placement.
The ideal candidate is familiar with the unique needs of adult
learners working toward completing their IL High School Diploma.
They will be detail-orientated, a quick learner, have solid time
management and leadership skills, love working with diverse
populations, is outgoing and encouraging, and has the ability to be
flexible and work as a team member. This position requires the
ability to cultivate relationships between internal and external
This is a 2-year grant funded position, ending December 31,
- Implements plans to increase Adult Education Career Bridge
students’ awareness of CCC’s varied program offerings, careers that
are associated with each Bridge pathway and relevant employment
data to help students make informed decisions in line with their
career and life goals.
- Works collaboratively with CCC’s Adult Education Career Bridge
Transitions program, Advisors, Credit Career Coaches, Registrar’s
Office, Financial Aid, and other key stakeholders to create a
seamless transition from application through enrollment and
registration process for students.
- Contacts employers to develop career opportunities and
coordinated events for Adult Education Career Bridge program
participants. Maintains current job listings on file.
- Develops and conducts training programs related to career
development, resume/letter construction, interviewing techniques
and effective job search techniques.
- Establishes a career clothing closet at each City Colleges of
- Facilitates workshops and groups for college and career
exploration, independently, and in conjunction with college,
community and employment sector center partners.
- Prepares data and reports regarding program performance.
Establishes and maintains tracking and reporting processes,
specifically focused on job placement and retention.
- Establishes records of students, referrals and referral
results. Establishes mechanism for assessing employer satisfaction
with the quality of graduates as part of the interviewing process
or initial evaluation of early on the job performance. Is sensitive
to confidentiality between the employer and the
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Senior Project Manager-Strategic Initiatives,
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within
6 months of hire.
Thank you for your interest in CCC!
The intent of this job description is to provide a general
description of the duties and responsibilities of this position. It
is not intended to be an exhaustive set of the duties and
responsibilities, nor all of the necessary qualifications to
perform the work.
- Associates degree in a related field, Bachelor’s degree
- Three to five years’ experience working with students in an
academic career center or other advising capacity. A combination of
experience and education may be considered in lieu of a
- Computer proficiency and excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well with all levels of staff and students at
- Must be self-directed, innovative and able to assess current
operations in an effort to develop practical action programs to
improve the functioning of the department.
- Ability to work effectively within a culturally diverse