- City Colleges of Chicago
- Illinois, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 6, 2022
City Colleges of Chicago (CCC) , the largest community college system in Illinois, is made up of seven colleges and five satellite sites, providing more than 68,000 students each year access to a quality, affordable education.
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager – Strategic Initiatives in Adult Education, the Career Coach – Career Bridge Program will manage student support services for Adult Education Bridge students and graduates for the purpose of recruitment, retention, and employment placement.
The ideal candidate is familiar with the unique needs of adult learners working toward completing their IL High School Diploma. They will be detail-orientated, a quick learner, have solid time management and leadership skills, love working with diverse populations, is outgoing and encouraging, and has the ability to be flexible and work as a team member. This position requires the ability to cultivate relationships between internal and external partners.
This is a 2-year grant funded position, ending December 31, 2024.
- Implements plans to increase Adult Education Career Bridge students’ awareness of CCC’s varied program offerings, careers that are associated with each Bridge pathway and relevant employment data to help students make informed decisions in line with their career and life goals.
- Works collaboratively with CCC’s Adult Education Career Bridge Transitions program, Advisors, Credit Career Coaches, Registrar’s Office, Financial Aid, and other key stakeholders to create a seamless transition from application through enrollment and registration process for students.
- Contacts employers to develop career opportunities and coordinated events for Adult Education Career Bridge program participants. Maintains current job listings on file.
- Develops and conducts training programs related to career development, resume/letter construction, interviewing techniques and effective job search techniques.
- Establishes a career clothing closet at each City Colleges of Chicago.
- Facilitates workshops and groups for college and career exploration, independently, and in conjunction with college, community and employment sector center partners.
- Prepares data and reports regarding program performance. Establishes and maintains tracking and reporting processes, specifically focused on job placement and retention.
- Establishes records of students, referrals and referral results. Establishes mechanism for assessing employer satisfaction with the quality of graduates as part of the interviewing process or initial evaluation of early on the job performance. Is sensitive to confidentiality between the employer and the employee/graduate.
- Adheres to CCC Customer Service Excellence standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Reports To Senior Project Manager-Strategic Initiatives, Adult Education
Direct Supervision None
- Associates degree in a related field, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Three to five years’ experience working with students in an academic career center or other advising capacity. A combination of experience and education may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Computer proficiency and excellent communication skills required.
- Ability to work well with all levels of staff and students at the college.
- Must be self-directed, innovative and able to assess current operations in an effort to develop practical action programs to improve the functioning of the department.
- Ability to work effectively within a culturally diverse environment
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
Thank you for your interest in CCC!
The intent of this job description is to provide a general description of the duties and responsibilities of this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive set of the duties and responsibilities, nor all of the necessary qualifications to perform the work.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert