Requisition Number: 2200246F
Position Number: 197450
College-Track Assistant Professor of Digital Filmmaking
New Mexico State University
Department: Creative Media Institute
Location: Las Cruces, NM
NMSU is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
- MFA in Film Production, Documentary Film, Media Production, Fiction Film, or a related field.
- A minimum 3-5 years of production experience.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and teach courses at the foundational and advanced undergraduate level in film, video, and media production.
- Demonstrated ability to teach a number of the following classes: introduction to media production, principles of story, video editing, cinematography, sound design and production sound, producing, screenwriting, documentary film production, fiction film production.
- Active involvement in creative practice and media production.
- Interest in and commitment to contributing to the growth and evolution of film/media production curriculum and programming.
- An empathic and flexible team player.
- A generalist with the willingness to learn new software/topics as necessary.
- A student-oriented teacher, able to support a diverse student body.
- Experienced in teaching in-person, hybrid and online courses.
Job Description: The Creative Media Institute at New Mexico State University seeks a generalist in visual storytelling/filmmaking with a strong foundational knowledge of all aspects of digital media production. This non-tenure track position begins in the fall of 2023. The faculty will engage in teaching, service and outreach. The teaching load is four courses per semester at the undergraduate level. The successful candidate should be qualified to teach a broad range of entry-level, project-oriented production courses including, but not limited to: editing, sound, cinematography, producing, and principles of story. Teaching responsibilities may include day and/or evening classes, online and/or hybrid courses. Applicants must have strong knowledge of video production equipment and editing software (Adobe Premiere, Final Draft, ProTools, Movie Magic, etc.).
We seek a dynamic, student-centered and service-oriented teacher and practitioner who is able to work collaboratively as an integral member of a small, close-knit faculty. Applicants should be current with new developments in the global media landscape, and be prepared to support and empower a diverse group of students from the US/Mexico Borderland region in making powerful and impactful media.
Applications should be submitted online at https://jobs.nmsu.edu/postings/48762.
Closing date for job posting: 16 January 2023