Administrative Services Coordinator
- San Jose State University
- California, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 5, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Academic Administration, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Other Business & Administrative Affairs, Community Relations & Institutional Outreach, Student Affairs, Other Student Affairs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Reporting to the Senior Director of Operations and Finance and taking work-lead direction from the CPGE HR Specialist, the Administrative Services Coordinator performs a wide range of administrative, and clerical duties for the dean’s office, and the Operations department, including, but not limited to: managing the dean’s calendar, front desk support and answering phones; greeting all visitors, faculty, and students; planning and coordinating events/conferences and scheduling appointments; tracking and ordering office supplies; mail distribution; student relations and assistance with questions and problems; assisting with hiring, and supervision of student assistants. The incumbent manages projects from conception to completion and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with direction, maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities, and routinely interface with a wide variety of stakeholders.
The Operations team works together to provide high quality support to the work of the College of Professional and Global Education. The Administrative Services Coordinator is a member of the Operations team, which includes the Senior Director of Operations and Finance, CPGE HR Specialist, Administrative Support Specialist, Customer Service Representative, and Student employees.
- Provides program, registration and general University information via telephone and in person
- Assists with the reception desk as the first point of contact for the college; greets and welcomes students, faculty, and local and global guests
- Establishes, updates, disseminates guidelines for preparing correspondence/documents for signature, and assists other departments with preparation of correspondence/documents
- Ensures a professional environment for the reception area and Dean’s office
- Plans, and coordinates conferences, travel arrangements, college wide meetings and meetings with local and global community members, and special projects such as but not limited to the college’s graduation reception and ceremony, college’s annual events/projects, etc
- Assists with employee on-boarding and off-boarding such as facility tours, updating and maintaining employee database/information, appointment forms, building access requests, updating floor plans and organizational chart, and ensuring all necessary paperwork is properly filled
- Working knowledge of software applications and database management programs such as MS Office Suite and Google (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PeopleSoft), etc
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, data entry, proofreading, planning, and prioritizing skills
- Excellent customer service and public relations skills
- Ability to investigate and analyze data and create reports with recommendations
- Thorough knowledge of office methods, procedures and practices with emphasis on technology-based systems and procedures
- Ability to troubleshoot most office administration problems and respond to all inquiries and requests related to work area
- Completion of high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents combined
- Three years of related office work experience
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field preferred
- Working experience with office methods, procedures, and practices
- Working experience and proficiency with software applications and database management programs such as MS Word, Excel, Visio, Access, and PowerPoint
- Experience supervising and training employees including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
- Experience communicating/interacting with a variety of customers/vendors using excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience scheduling and coordinating meetings, conferences, and events
- Excellent written communication skills
Classification: Administrative Support Coordinator II
Anticipated Hiring Range: $4,156/month - $4,459/month
CSU Salary Range: $3,681/month - $6,034/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary .
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus (including all booster doses of an approved vaccine for which an individual is eligible per current CDC recommendations) or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. As a condition of employment, any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as well as with other safety measures established on the campus. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. Incumbent is also required to promptly report any knowledge of a possible Title IX related incident to the Title IX Office or report any discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation to the Office of Equal Opportunity.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Housing Fire Safety Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Annual Security Report (ASR) is also now available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Security-Report.pdf. The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and Sexual Assault prevention information, and information about drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery crimes for San José State University locations for the three most recent calendar years. A paper copy of the ASR is available upon request by contacting the Office of the Clery Director by phone at 408-924-1501 or by email at email@example.com .
Pursuant to the Higher Education Opportunity Act, the Annual Fire Safety Report (AFSR) is also available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Fire-Safety-Report.pdf . The purpose of this report is to disclose statistics for fires that occurred within SJSU on-campus housing facilities for the three most recent calendar years, and to distribute fire safety policies and procedures intended to promote safety on Campus. A paper copy of the AFSR is available upon request by contacting the Housing Office by phone at 408-795-5600 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: December 05, 2022 (9:00 AM) Pacific Standard Time
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert