SNAP-Ed Program Assistant - Rowan County
- Kentucky State University
- Kentucky, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 6, 2022
- TITLE: SNAP-Ed Program Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Cooperative Extension – Rowan County
REPORTS TO: SNAP-Ed Program Coordinator
EFFECTIVE DATE: Position will Remain Open until Filled
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-Time
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt
PRINCIPAL PURPOSE OF JOB : Under the supervision of the Kentucky State University SNAP-Ed Program Director/Coordinator, the SNAP-Ed Program Assistant will deliver educational programs in nutrition and related subject-matter areas (nutrition, food safety, food resource management) to residents residing in Rowan County and occasionally the surrounding areas to achieve nutrition goals and outcomes for targeted audiences including underserved audiences, minorities, youth, and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program eligible residents.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY The SNAP-Ed Program Assistant will be responsible for teaching families, individually and in small groups, as well as special programs and events in targeted communities and schools as directed. Other topics include food safety and planning food purchases on a limited income to provide maximum nutritional value. The SNAP-Ed Program assistants will be required to possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
- Recruit youth and families to participate in the SNAP-Ed Program.
- Conduct non-formal nutrition education learning experiences with identified audience using identified nutrition education curricula.
- Reach, at minimum, 500 youth and 75 adults
- Work in Rowan County and occasionally surrounding areas
- Develop and present nutrition, food preparation, food selection, and food safety demonstrations.
- Routinely collects, compiles and updates program data, needed for reporting while meeting the required deadlines.
- Attend all training meetings and conferences.
- Work collaboratively with other community agencies and resources.
- Other related duties as required.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or GED required; additional education preferred.
- Possess a valid Kentucky driver's license and insured automobile for business mileage reimbursement.
- Experience working with youth, adults, and/or families who come from diverse socio-economic backgrounds.
- Ability to learn and present basic nutrition information and implement educational events.
- Knowledge of local community organizations and agencies.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skill and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Must be able to lift moderate sized boxes
- Must be able to travel (25%)
KENTUCKY STATE UNIVERSITY is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The functions, qualifications, knowledge/skills, and physical requirements listed in this job description represent the essential duties of the job, which the incumbent must be able to perform either with or without reasonable accommodation. The Job Functions listed do not necessarily include all activities that the individual may perform. The College of Agriculture, Community, and the Sciences strives for inclusive excellence and is interested in qualified candidates who can contribute to this effort through their research, teaching, and/or Extension programs.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert