The Instructor of Nursing (Simulation Coordinator) works in
collaboration with the Director of Nursing Programs, to ensure a
robust and relevant simulation experience for program students.
This position supports the integration of simulation experiences
across both the Associate Degree Nursing and Practical Nursing
curriculums to support learning outcomes. The coordinator provides
faculty professional development opportunities around simulation
best practices and maintains a state-of-the-art laboratory
environment. In addition, the Instructor of Nursing (Simulation
Coordinator) will be responsible for supporting student success by
creating an optimum learning environment, responding to student
needs, managing effective instructional activities, modeling
employability skills, demonstrating professionalism, developing
cooperative work relationships with other faculty and staff,
supporting college administrative requirements, and maintaining
competency in their instructional field. This full-time faculty
member maintains a teaching load in the Nursing Program with some
administrative release time to carry out simulation coordinator
- Masters of Nursing degree in Education from a regionally
accredited post-secondary institution.
- Current unrestricted license or multistate license privilege to
practice as a registered nurse in North Carolina.
- Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE) and/or Certified
Healthcare Simulation Operations Specialist (CHSOS) or ability to
obtain certification within one year of hire date.
- Doctoral degree in nursing education administration or education
from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
- 3 years of full-time experience in clinical nursing practice as a
registered nurse within the past 10 years.
- Experience with state board of nursing and national accreditation
guidelines applicable to the use of simulation and other
- Experience developing and/or conducting nursing simulation
activities in an educational or health care environment.
- Greater than 3 years of full-time experience in clinical nursing
practice as a registered nurse.
- Experience in the role of Simulation/Lab Coordinator in a state
board of nursing approved post-secondary institution.
- Greater than 3 years of full-time post-secondary teaching
experience in a board approved nursing program.
- Community college teaching and/or administrative
- Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes.
- Experience with distance learning and/or alternate instructional