The Early Childhood Instructional Coach will provide teaching staff with individualized and group based coaching and technical assistance to enhance the learning environment and experience of the children served utilizing Practice-Based Coaching. In collaboration with the Early Education Teacher, the Coach ensures complete implementation of developmentally appropriate classroom curriculum and assessment.
- Ensure fidelity to developmentally appropriate curriculum and assessment models. (Creative Curriculum, Teaching Strategies) and others as applicable.
- Conduct formal and informal ongoing assessments of classroom learning environments through observation and feedback cycles
- Utilize data to support teachers in developing appropriate teaching techniques and improving strategies
- Utilize Facilitative Coaching to develop individualized coaching with teachers through analyzing individual and classroom child outcomes data to support child learning, as well as referring to the trusted relationship built through mutual respect and progression
- Work collaboratively with the Early Childhood Teachers to ensure all program elements are developed, implemented and accomplished
- Utilize effective goal creation and achievement processes to help staff improve their environments, teaching practices to support young children’s growth and development, and overall program quality
- Provide resources and strategies to staff to enhance relationships, create appropriate environments, and teach social-emotional skills in children.
- Maintain appropriate and professional relationships with community partners as well as maintain access to external support when needed
- Track teacher training hours and develop plans for accomplishing further training according to program and individual needs
- Assist with projects as assigned by the Early Childhood Teacher
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Development or closely related field (i.e. Social Work and Psychology)
- A Minimum of 5 years’ Experience at this level
- Experience in a K-4 setting in international curricula schools
- Good command of both English and Arabic ( Preferred)
- Willing to work in the Northern Emirates
- Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) ( Preferred)
- Licensed Coach