Experiential Partnerships Liaison
About the Opportunity
Under the Director of Strategic Partnerships on the Toronto Campus
and in conjunction with the Experiential Learning and Career
Development team the Experiential Partnerships Liaison will create
and implement opportunities for Toronto learners to gain practical,
career-relevant experiences to supplement their academic journey.
This includes internships/co-ops, projects, events, hackathons,
volunteer or service-learning opportunities, company visits, etc.
This individual is responsible for helping students access
career-building opportunities, serving the broader goal of ensuring
students are career-ready at graduation. This is an exciting
opportunity to join a small but growing regional team that will be
helping to build the experiential learning function for
Northeastern University in Toronto.
Preferred candidates for the Experiential Partnerships Liaison
position will have:
- Experience designing and running large-scale, complex programs,
both independently and in close collaboration with internal and
- Worked in a student/career-focused environment and have a
professional background in experiential learning, preferably in the
technology education/life sciences space.
- An understanding of industry hiring and employment trends
relevant to the Toronto degree programs (e.g., analytics, project
management, information systems, regulatory affairs, biotechnology,
etc.) and the ability to conduct independent research in these
- A holistic understanding of experiential learning and how to
prepare students for careers, and a strong viewpoint on the soft
and hard skills that students need to succeed.
- Strong communication skills and an interest in working in a
highly collaborative role with students, staff, faculty, alumni,
and external partners.
- Flexibility and an interest in wearing multiple hats; Toronto
is a growing campus, so this role will require comfort with
- Excellent skills in relationship building, event planning,
marketing, public relations, and database management.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience with at least 3-5
years' experience supporting career development at a higher
education institution or job-focused training program (e.g.,
- Forward thinking and innovative, helping us realize the future
of education in line with Northeastern's strategic plan.
- Can connect with students from different cultures, backgrounds
and lived experiences in-person and virtually to help them become
career ready and progress on their journey.
- Passion for networking and making new connections with regional
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with multiple
audiences and maintain confidentiality around complex and sensitive
issues for the purposes of compliance with applicable federal and
provincial laws, as well as Northeastern guidelines.
- Experience with CRM, preferably Salesforce
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking
to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and
staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its
forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect
that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability
status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and
support of diversity and inclusion, please see
To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Toronto-ON-Canada/Experiential-Partnerships-Liaison_R107785