Admissions Coordinator (71101)
The Office of Admissions at Pratt Institute is searching for a
dynamic team member to work at our internationally ranked art and
design school as a support to Graduate Admissions, Undergraduate
Admissions and the Admissions Gallery. This position is an
opportunity to have a varied role in the creative borough of
Brooklyn, interacting with creative students and faculty from
across the country and the globe.
We seek a professional with strong administrative skills, excellent
organization for project management, and who is competent both
behind the scenes or assisting with recruitment events.
Located in the Clinton Hill neighborhood of Brooklyn, NY, on a
picturesque campus, Pratt Institute is a top-ranked college with
opportunities in art, design, architecture, liberal arts and
sciences, and information studies. Pratt offers nearly 50
undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
On a typical day you will be required to:
Gallery and Exhibition Responsibilities:
- Process graduate application materials and liaise with academic
departments to support graduate admissions operations.
- Interview students, conduct group information sessions, and
travel as needed to represent Pratt at recruitment events,
portfolio days, high schools, community colleges, college fairs,
and arts organizations.
- Speak publicly to individuals and groups during in-person and
virtual events and meetings.
- Review application materials, credentials, and portfolios to
determine eligibility for admission.
- Field incoming communications from, and make outgoing
communications to, prospective students, parents, educators and
- Maintain a strong understanding and accurate account of
information about the academic programs and the Pratt
- Assist in the development, maintenance and execution of the
admission social media plan, designed to engage prospective
students, their families, and educators.
Salary Range: $60K - $65K + Generous
- Maintain calendar of shows throughout the year on campus,
including department reviews, exhibitions, and thesis shows.
- Project manage the admissions gallery yearly exhibition in
collaboration with admissions leadership.
- Create copy related to admissions exhibitions, or other
- 403B Retirement Program
- Supplemental Retirement Account
- Tuition Benefits for Employees and Dependents
- Tuition Exchange Program
- Summer hours
- Flexible Spending Accounts - commuter, medical, dependent
- Childcare Benefit
- Basic life and AD&D insurance provided by Pratt
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Care Coverage
- Paid time off - vacation days, sick leave, and major holidays
- Additional Perks - free entry to select museums and cultural
institutions, free use of campus recreation facilities, affordable
Master’s degree required, art and
design coursework preferred.
1-2 years of transferrable work
Interest in supporting the goals
of higher education and the mission of Pratt Institute. Excellent
oral communication skills, and very strong writing skills for
public-facing copy. Ability to work with databases. Strong
organizational skills and serious attention to detail. Ability to
see projects through from start to finish with a reasonable minimum
of supervision. Ability to travel and to work occasional evenings
and weekends. Valid driver's license
For campus access requirements related to COVID, click here
To apply, visit https://apply.interfolio.com/118469
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in
hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion
or belief, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, marital
or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, sex, gender
identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or
local law. Pratt Institute recognizes and values the benefits
of a diverse workforce.