VP, Student Support & Enrollment Operations
Online / RemoteOnline / Remote
Vice President, Student Support & Enrollment
American Public University System
Under the direction of the Sr. Vice President of Operations direct
the operations and activities of the functions and programs of the
Student Support Center, Student Experience, Student Communications,
Workforce Management and Quality Assurance. Provide leadership
regarding student service, student experience, student
communication and contact center best practices to the American
Public University System community to enable APUS to successfully
compete for students in a high-powered, fiercely competitive,
global marketplace. Evaluate the effectiveness of APUS customer
service efforts and recommend methods for continuous improvement.
Oversee all aspects of leading, managing and implementing
state-of-the-art systems for use in providing the best student and
colleague experience to internal and external customers that
includes but is not limited to: student service, self-service,
student communication, workforce management, quality assurance, and
Critical Skills and Job Complexity:
- Provide leadership to the development of necessary process
reorganization, systems, programs and services designed to ensure
quality customer service delivery. Assure the provision of a
students-first environment to meet and exceed system goals for
student acquisition, retention and satisfaction; continuously
- Maintain knowledge of new developments and innovative student
service practices in distance and higher education; recommend
changes to ensure that services meet the needs of new and existing
students; work with the cross-functional teams to implement
- Lead the APUS Student Support teams responsible for the hiring,
training, coaching, evaluation and development of Student Support
Center personnel to assure achievement of APUS strategic goals and
objectives, compliance with State and Federal regulations, and
student satisfaction. Develop departmental infrastructure, align
staff responsibilities, and develop and implement departmental
policies and procedures.
- Lead the training efforts of the operations team by developing
and facilitation training to support the best student experience
- Maintain effective relationships with faculty, executive, and
administrative staff, as well as external organizations, and
service providers to ensure that the needs of students are met.
Promote APUS to the general public, the military and the higher
- In collaboration with IT staff, develop, evaluate and mine data
to develop a complete understanding of the available data and
utilize this data to analyze trends and guide the course of
customer service activities, policies and initiatives. Determine if
additional data collection is needed.
- Keep informed of and educate other APUS departments of
revisions to customer service best practices for all departments at
APUS including all under operations and tier one support for all
other departments. Develop materials for and present briefings to
the department, Extended Team, Executive Team and selected external
organizations. Participate in accreditation, licensing, and other
APUS-wide initiatives, as assigned.
- Recommend, evaluate, and implement software solutions to
enhance the effectiveness of Student Support Center operations and
ensure scalability of Student Support Center operations.
- Establish long- and short-range department goals, objectives,
- Hold quarterly meetings with key departments that have a direct
impact on customer service to help determine any workforce
management, quality assurance, communication or data analysis
needs. These departments include, but are not limited to: Advising,
COLL100/First Year Experience, Financial Aid, Student Accounts, and
Student Support Services.
- Perform yearly audits of APUS' electronic communication
- Develop and maintain QA and Workforce Management systems for
- Ability to create and maintain software solutions for workforce
management and quality assurance
- Create scalable workforce and QA solutions across APUS
- Work with the Service Excellence Council's Training Corps to
train all student facing managers in customer service best
practices for: coaching, metrics, and quality assurance
- Provide dashboard metrics for customer service statistics
across APUS to ensure a consistent student experience
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Must have superior problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communicative skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a fast-changing
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work under
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work successfully with limited supervision.
- Understanding of best practices in the higher education
industry, with a focus on best practices in undergraduate
Admissions and Enrollment Management.
- Understanding of the needs of adult learners and
- Ability to monitor of the compliance of institutional and
regulatory guidelines pertaining to Admissions functions.
- Ability to work collaboratively on cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of quantitative analysis techniques such as: decision
analysis, regression, forecasting, queuing theory, simulation
models, network models, and statistical quality control
- Bachelor's degree or higher. Master's degree preferred. 5 years
in a leadership role in a contact center environment in higher
- A demonstrated broad base of knowledge regarding APUS, its
admissions policies, procedures, and systems.
- High level of proficiency in the use of the APUS systems and
- Understanding of the position of APUS in the higher education
- Understanding of the principles of customer service, workforce
management, quality assurance, data analysis, and contact center
American Public University System (APUS) is an Online University
based in Charles Town, WV. Our company has over 100,000 students.
Our emphasis is educating our nation's military and public services
communities with quality and affordable education. APUS provides
partnership and commitment in helping students realize the dream of
a higher education and the opportunities that brings.
It is the policy of American Public University System (APUS) to
afford equal opportunity to all qualified persons. We treat all
qualified individuals equally as to their recruitment, hiring,
assignments, advancements, compensation, and all other terms and
conditions of employment. American Public University System (APUS)
does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed,
sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or physical, mental,
or sensory disability, or any other characteristic protected by
To apply, visit https://recruiting.ultipro.com/AME1070/JobBoard/711bd40f-864c-42db-8c62-3c62f2edc13f/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=399c64bb-b22f-4f08-89f3-8e43b468742a