ADJUNCT FACULTY, EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION (PART-TIME)
Truman College is currently seeking a part-time Early Childhood
Education instructor to teach during the Spring 2023 semester. If
you have passion for teaching and learning, and are committed to
the mission of the community college, consider joining our team.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in the classroom
by developing and using effective teaching strategies that meet
students’ diverse needs and engage the student in critical thinking
- Design courses to meet learning outcomes, and promote students’
active participation in their own learning.
- Create an effective learning environment that fosters students’
intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem solve using
discipline-specific thinking strategies.
- Employ a variety of formative and summative assessments to
ensure that classroom instruction leads to student learning and the
attainment of the student learning outcomes for the course.
- Help students reach their academic, personal and career goals
and foster a safe environment that respects the diversity of people
and ideas by modeling respect for all students and conveying
confidence in every student’s ability to learn.
- Contribute to and provide leadership in the student’s academic
and professional communities, and promote collaboration and
teamwork among members of these communities.
- Prepare instructional materials for Early Childhood Education
students and professionals.
- Develop a course syllabus, and utilize student-learning
outcomes to guide course instruction.
- Record and submit grades electronically using the college’s
- Utilize instructional technology.
- Navigate and make use of a Learning Management System (LMS) to
support classroom instruction.
- Complete office hours to guide, and offer instructional support
to ECE students.
- Administer programmatic evaluations.
- Assess student learning, and utilize data to make instructional
- Attend departmental/college-wide meetings
City Colleges of Chicago is an equal opportunity affirmative
Thank you for your interest in CCC!
- Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education.
- Taking courses to get credentialed to teach online.
- Knowledge of Brightspace, preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to
communicate with diverse group of staff and students required.
- Experience with a diverse, multi-lingual student population is
desired, as is a commitment to the open access mission of the
- Strong knowledge of assessment and the role it plays in the
teaching and learning environment.
- Time Management and Task Management Skills.
- Collaborative, Team, and Goal-Oriented.
- Experience teaching in early childhood environments.
- Experience in a higher education environment, teaching adult
- Familiarity with NAEYC Accreditation Standards.
- Familiarity with Illinois Gateways.