Director of Program Management (HEO) - Center for Puerto Rican Studies (CENTRO)
Job ID: 25679
Location: Hunter College
CENTRO, The Center for Puerto Rican Studies at Hunter College, is the largest university-based research institute, library, and archive dedicated to the Puerto Rican experience in the United States. We provide support to students, scholars, artists, and members of the community at large across and beyond New York. https://centropr.hunter.cuny.edu/
CENTRO is currently undergoing a historic leadership change and gearing up for its 50th anniversary with the implementation of a new strategic plan, hybrid workflows, and a more inclusive vision. The Director of Program Management would be key to the implementation of these new directions.
This role engages across the functions of the organization, and a successful Director of Program Management will be able to strike a balance between strategy, process, and execution. This position reports to the Senior Center Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
-Ensure that the leadership team operates efficiently and effectively and that the Senior Director’s time is being spent in ways that advance Centro’s mission and strategic goals.
-Oversee staff meetings, manage staff development, and supervise project management across Centro as a whole to ensure that the leadership team works effectively and strategically.
-Work closely with the Leadership team on budget planning, and long-range goal planning.
- Ensure day-to-day operations flow smoothly and with our Tech lead to ensure effective digital workflows are implemented and adopted.
-Develop strategies and practices that optimize talent resources and HR administration; oversee timekeeping systems, audit timesheets, document procedures in clear and concise guides that anyone on the team can follow, and ensure adherence to all employee policies across Centro.
-Partner with the Senior Director to set and drive the vision for the culture of CENTRO; operate as a culture leader who models our core values; Support the Senior Director on high priority or special projects, as needed.
- Identify and focus on critical priorities.
- Bachelor's Degree and eight years' related experience required; MLS degree and/or Master's in a related field may be substituted for a portion of the experience requirement.
- Excellent organizational skills, including attention to detail and the ability to manage time effectively, track and follow up on various tasks and multi-task.
- Exceptional communication skills in English and some level of familiarity with Spanish, ability to be a quick thinker and writer.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, Google suites; Asana, Slack, and interest in learning new digital tools and platforms.
- Systems and process-thinker.
A key function of this role is project management and requires a highly resourceful individual with strong emotional intelligence that is self-motivational; other qualifications include:
- Strong relationship management skills and ability to lead and inspire
- Ability to work independently under pressure and in a fast-paced environment; able to juggle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Exercise sound judgment and discretion; driven.
- Demonstrates impeccable attention to detail, and superior problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people in a constructive and responsive manner and to mediate effectively among various personalities.
- Exhibits commitment to diversity and social justice.
- Embraces opportunities to further the growth and development of others by building their capacity and skills; provide ongoing coaching and feedback to ensure peak team and individual performance.
- Comfortable with ambiguity - demonstrates flexibility and agility in complex and dynamic environments
- Exhibits maturity, composure and sensitivity when managing multiple stakeholder groups across organizational hierarchy
Candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as being at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Directs curriculum development and operations of a College's specialized academic program under executive oversight.
- Designs, implements and monitors a comprehensive academic program development plan
- Administers all curricular, administrative, and financial aspects of the program
- Oversees program evaluation efforts and creates strategic plan to further develop program offerings
- Manages annual budget; develops proposals and other initiatives for expanded program support
- Cultivates and maintains strategic partnerships; serves as primary liaison to faculty and administrators to plan and execute programming activities
- May participate in faculty recruitment efforts
- Manages professional and clerical staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Academic Program Director
Higher Education Officer
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience ($104,057-$129,310)
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted online by accessing the CUNY Portal on City University of New York job website www.cuny.edu/employment. To search for this vacancy, click on SEARCH ALL POSTINGS and in SEARCH JOBS field, enter the Job Opening ID number 25679. Click on the "APPLY NOW" button and follow the application instructions. Current users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should follow the instructions to set up an account.
Please have your documents available to attach into the application before you begin. Note, the required material must be uploaded as ONE document under CV/ Resume (do not upload individual files for a cover letter, references, etc.). The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10)characters – also DO NOT USE SYMBOLS (such as accents (é, è, (â, î or ô), ñ, ü, ï , –, _ or ç)).
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- A cover letter that includes a complete statement of the candidate's qualifications
- A full resume outlining the candidate's education and relevant experience
- A sample archival finding aid completed by the candidate
- The names, addresses, and phone numbers of three references who are knowledgeable about the candidate's qualifications for this position
Upload all documents as ONE single file-- PDF format preferred.
The search will remain open until the position is filled. The committee will begin reviewing complete applications on December 7, 2022 Applications submitted after the deadline will only be considered if the positions remain open after initial round.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.