Information Technology Consultant (ITC - Career), Technology Support Center
- California State University, San Bernardino
- California, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 5, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Information Technology Consultant (ITC - Career), Technology Support Center
California State University, San Bernardino
Job No: 521105
Work type: Staff
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Temporary, Information Systems & Technology Job Summary:
The purpose of this position is to provide technical support for the Library and Technology Support Center. This position will meet support employees, student computers, labs, ITS technology projects and any other technology needs. This position also helps coordinate the distribution of technology, maintain inventory and ensure technology is up to date and maintained.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Provide desktop support for the library faculty, staff, and various labs.
- Work closely with the library, ITS staff, and with student assistant technicians to ensure computer systems needed to conduct university functions are fully operational and secure and comply with campus standards.
- Oversee and coordinate student IT support assistants.
- Provide telephone and walk-in support for online and on-site users, campus library faculty and staff with access to various library systems, myCoyote, Canvas, Duo, and other campus resources.
- Log all calls into the campus ticketing system, Cherwell, for escalation and documentation.
- Coordinate Library IT issues with the various ITS departments.
- Coordinate and manage the distribution of technology equipment via the library checkout system.
- Maintain inventory of Library and ITS equipment.
- Ordering, install, troubleshoot, maintain, upgrade, and dispose of hardware (desktops, laptops and technology equipment) and software.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, educational technology, communications, or related fields, or similar certified coursework in applicable fields of study.
- Two (2) years of Information Technology experience.
- Great customer service skills.
- Ability to manage time and priorities.
- Reading and comprehending, writing, communicating verbally, reasoning and analyzing.
- Experience with troubleshooting complex IT issues.
- Experience in developing processes to test, evaluate, and recommend the use of computing technologies.
- Desktop support experience.
- Proficiency in hardware and software technologies.
- Ability to pay attention to details and to meet deadlines and milestones.
- Patience and well-developed interpersonal relations skills.
- Previous professional experience working in a higher education environment is highly desired.
Compensation and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range: $4,678 - $4,750 per month
Classification Salary Range: $4,678 - $11,547 per month
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 14 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here.
Work status: Full-time/Exempt/Temporary (up to one year with the possibility of further renewal)
Schedule: Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, weekends and evenings may be required.
The application deadline is: December 16, 2022
Conditions of Employment
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
CSUSB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. See Form I-9 Acceptable Documents at https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/form-i-9-acceptable-documents.
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who physically access campus facilities or programs to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, which includes obtaining a COVID-19 booster dose, or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. See policy at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/11030468/latest.
Statement of Commitment to Diversity
In our commitment to the furthering of knowledge and fulfilling our educational mission, California State University, San Bernardino seeks a campus climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the entire variety of human experience. We welcome people from all backgrounds, and we seek to include knowledge and values from many cultures in the curriculum and extra-curricular life of the campus community. We will create, promote, and maintain activities and programs that further our understanding of individual and group diversity. We will also develop and communicate policies and promote values that discourage intolerance and discrimination.
California State University, San Bernardino is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, hire, train, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, caste, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, protected military or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096) For more information about Diversity & Inclusion at CSUSB, please visit https://www.csusb.edu/human-resources/diversity-inclusion
We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact the ADA Coordinator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
CSUSB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus. See policy at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/6591951/latest/.
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, California Education Code section 67380, and the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), the Cal State San Bernardino Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at: https://www.csusb.edu/clery-act
To view full description and to apply, visit: https://www.csusb.edu
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert