Teaching Professor (Assistant/Associate/Full)
- Kettering University
- Flint, Michigan
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
- Posted Date
- Dec 5, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Engineering
- Employment Level
- Non-Tenured Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Kettering University is a national leader in experiential STEM and business education, integrating an intense academic curriculum with applied professional experience. We inspire students to realize their potential and advance their ideas by combining theory and practice better than any institution in the world. Kettering University is dedicated to achieving the extraordinary through technological innovation, leadership, and service, built on values that foster respect, integrity, creativity, collaboration, and excellence in growth, global leadership, community outreach, and an engaged community of stakeholders.
BENEFITS include health, dental and vision coverage; retirement benefits with up to a 9% Kettering
matching contribution; life and accident insurance; tuition assistance and waiver programs; vacation and holiday pay; sick and disability pay; home purchase assistance program; recreation center membership; and many other benefits.
Flint Michigan: A storied past and an innovative approach to the future drives Flint forward. No other city of Flint’s size can boast similar cultural and social resources; the Flint Institute of Art, Flint Symphony Orchestra, the Flint Institute of Music, the Sloan Museum, the Flint Farmers’ Market, and several colleges and universities contribute to a rich social fabric. A vibrant array of dining, entertainment, and lodging options now enliven the walkable Flint city center. Kettering University is an important partner in the renaissance of Flint.
Our Mission and Vision: Kettering University prepares students for lives of extraordinary leadership and service by linking transformative experiential learning opportunities to rigorous academic programs in engineering, science, mathematics and business. Kettering University will be the first choice for students and all our partners seeking to make a better world through technological innovation, leadership and service.
Job Specific Required Qualifications
- An earned Ph.D. in Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering (IME) or a closely related technical field.
- Five (5) years or more of related teaching experience.
- Ten (10) years or more of related teaching experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Understanding and commitment to Kettering University Values:
a. RESPECT: for teamwork, honesty, encouragement, diversity, partnerships with students.
b. INTEGRITY: including accountability, transparency and ethics.
c. CREATIVITY: fostering flexibility and innovation.
d. COLLABORATION: across disciplines and with all partners.
e. EXCELLENCE: in all we do.
- Previous teaching experience related to IME.
- Ability to develop and teach courses in IME.
- Participation in university and professional development activities including curriculum development, assessment, and improvement.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Eligibility to work in the United States.
Teaching and learning duties: This includes:
- Development, operation and supervision of undergraduate teaching laboratories as directed by the Department Head. This may include supervision of work by technicians.
- Course, lecture, and laboratory planning, preparation, and delivery.
- Course and curriculum development.
- Supervision of student projects
- Professional development aiming at enhancing student learning and best practices in teaching and learning.
Service and citizenship: This includes:
- Service activities to the department, the university, the profession, and the community.
- Advising students and supervising thesis
- Serving on committees, task forces, and other needs as directed by the Department Head.
Quicklink for Posting https://jobs.kettering.edu/postings/8139
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert