Senior IT Manager Instructional Technologies and Campus
# of Openings:
Princeton University's Office of
Information Technology is looking for a talented Senior IT Manager
for Instructional Technologies and Campus Engagement platforms.
This Senior IT Manager oversees and leads the team of platform
administrators, developers, and analysts responsible for the
implementation, maintenance, and support of the University's
learning management systems (LMS). At present, these include
Princeton University’s LMS, Canvas, our events management
applications, and our campus engagement platforms, as well as all
associated integrated applications and solutions. The Senior IT
Manager is also responsible for customer relationship management,
vendor relationship management, user group/community engagement,
and building and maintaining strong partnerships across the
institution. In addition, the senior manager ensures alignment of
the team’s work with OIT change management, IT governance, and
information security standards and procedures.
- Oversee the installation, configuration and deployment of
vendor applications, and enhancements to existing
- Provide technical leadership as well as perform hands-on
- Ensure new software integrations meet functional requirements,
system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Oversee the daily activities of project teams and ensure the
successful delivery of project commitments, business analysis, and
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of customer IT operations, data
stewardship responsibilities, and processes for all supported
- Participate in projects related to the assessment,
implementation, integration, and upgrade/maintenance of third-party
- Maintain knowledge of software and systems assets and their
corresponding contracts/agreements. Stay abreast of technology
developments, as well as trends in higher education, leadership,
and staff management.
- Lead and manage the daily operations of a team of highly
competent professionals with varying responsibilities.
- Serve as a mentor and promote team and individual professional
development through knowledge sharing and training.
- Perform other management duties such as staff performance
management and hiring, and user group/community engagement.
- Develop and deliver customer training and support
- Coordinate and actively participate in user group meetings,
clinics, and other customer outreach activities.
- Ensure that the work of PAC aligns with initiatives from the
University’s IT governance process, service management, change
management framework, and information security guidelines.
- Understand and align with the guiding principles and
organization of OIT, as well as maintain a broad understanding of
the University’s mission and organization.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in the management of
learning management systems (Canvas highly preferred).
- Broad technical knowledge and expertise in vendor applications
related to teaching and learning.
- Experience with vendor management, contract negotiation,
license management, and product roadmap partnership
- Ability to lead a team of highly competent professionals with
varying backgrounds and responsibilities. Must be a strong mentor
and developer of people.
- Experience with implementing, integrating, and/or supporting on
premise, cloud-hosted, and SaaS solutions.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills,
including the ability to prioritize and manage multiple complex
initiatives and projects serving various customers with available
- Ability to respond quickly to changing business needs and
priorities. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and a
track record of developing innovative solutions.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication
skills, with a strong ability to work with both technical and
- Ability to conceive and create high-quality, meaningful, and
timely reports and presentations appropriate to various audiences
in support of planning and decision making.
- Experience collaborating with functional business partners on
key project decisions to achieve mutually-acceptable solutions to
- Commitment to outstanding customer service.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or experience is
- Experience working in higher education and with faculty, staff,
- Experience with the day-to-day management of information
systems in a complex organizational setting.
- Active participant in vendor users’ associations.
- Experience managing a variety of campus engagement platforms,
such as CampusGroups and TerraDotta GPS.
- Experience working with one of more of the following cloud
hosting solutions: Microsoft Azure, AWS, or Oracle OCI.
Certification in one or more is highly desirable.
- Advanced degree.
Princeton University is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
IS THE LAW