The Office of the Provost is accepting applications for Associate Vice Provost, Academic Excellence at the Klamath Falls campus of Oregon Tech. The Associate Vice Provost for Academic Excellence (AVPAE), reporting to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, will provide dynamic and engaged leadership in working closely with academic leadership, faculty, staff, students and other key internal and external stakeholders. The AVPAE will lead various academic initiatives including the multi-campus, university-wide assessment process, assist the Vice Provost with accreditation, develop and implement a program review process, and champion the advancement of a culture that values and promotes high quality student-centered education at a polytechnic institution. The AVPAE will play a key role in implementing the university’s new academic master plan. The primary responsibility for the AVP for Academic Excellence is to assist the provost and vice provost in providing strong and dynamic leadership in promoting the university’s effort to promote academic excellence. This includes continuous academic program improvement, safeguarding quality assurance and advancing quality improvement policies and processes for all undergraduate and graduate degree and non-degree programs of the University. Under the direction of the provost, the AVPAE will develop and manage the university’s academic program review processes and schedules as well as assisting the Vice Provost (Accreditation Liaison Officer) in planning, organizing and managing university accreditation processes and procedures ensuring achievement of institutional student learning outcomes. The position will also act as liaison with various academic faculty committees, college deans and the faculty. The AVPAE will ensure an active and comprehensive plan of ongoing program reviews and assessment for all undergraduate and graduate degree and non-degree programs across the university. In some cases, this will require in-depth work with the departments to align the level of assessment with the needs of each type of program. The AVPAE will lead nationally recognized best pedagogy training for faculty, working with faculty committees to enhance quality instruction for in person and online education, with a focus on student success, inclusive learning environments and closing student achievement gaps. Through these efforts the AVP will ensure that all university academic programs adhere to the highest standards of quality to provide excellent teaching and learning outcomes for Oregon Tech’s students. Other areas of responsibility may include ad hoc projects such as working collaboratively with the Deans, Registrar, online education and academic departments to develop seamless transfer of courses for students, or to establish standards for awarding credit for prior learning experience.
The Office of the Provost supports the faculty and curriculum of Oregon Tech by providing leadership to all of the university’s campuses and academic programs, fostering excellence in teaching, research and service to the community. The Office of the Provost guides the university’s mission in providing educational quality and access and directs the university’s efforts in strategic redesign of its academic mission. Oregon Tech is located on two campuses; the main Oregon Tech campus in Klamath Falls, OR and a satellite campus in the Portland-Metro area, with significant online course offerings as well. Oregon Tech is the only accredited public polytechnic university in the Pacific Northwest, is one of the top public regional universities in the western US and is consistently ranked among the top public College in the nation for undergraduate degrees in allied health and engineering.
• Possession of an earned doctorate and eligibility for senior faculty appointment within one of the colleges in the University
• Experience with the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities accreditation process
• Experience in and commitment to working with diverse faculty, staff and students
• Experience with and a commitment to a polytechnic education
- Doctorate or equivalent terminal degree from an accredited university
- 3-5 years of administrative experience in a university, including prior experience as an Associate Dean, Department Chair or other experience in academic administration
- Advanced knowledge of, and experience with, current accreditation and assessment methods in higher education, including qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Experience with development and oversight of program review and assessment of student learning outcomes
- Experience in implementing change in a longstanding system
- Currency and leadership in nationally recognized best teaching practices
- Experience in establishing and using data and reporting systems
- Successful teaching experience and record of research or scholarly activity
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong leadership and excellent interpersonal skills to work collegially and collaboratively to meet the academic goals/mission of the university
- Demonstrated evidence of ability to work collaboratively with both faculty and administration to implement change
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in undergraduate and graduate education and academic programs, including online education
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and communicate this to a broad set of audiences
- A commitment to shared governance
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills to plan and execute tasks to achieve goals
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead change
Special Instructions to Applicant:
Initial review of applications will begin on January 9th, 2022. Applications will continue to be accepted after the initial review date until a sufficient applicant pool has been achieved or the position is filled. Therefore, at the discretion of the University, materials received after the initial review date may not receive full consideration.
To apply, visit: https://jobs.oit.edu/postings/5539
Then, upload the following elements to your application.
1. A cover letter indicating how your qualifications and experience have prepared you for this position.
2. A curriculum vitae.
Oregon Tech is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. The University does not discriminate in access to its educational programs and activities, or with respect to hiring, or the terms and conditions of employment, on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion or creed, sex or gender, gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis in law.
Oregon Tech is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Office of Human Resources.
To peruse other employment opportunities at Oregon's premiere polytechnic university, visit the Oregon Tech Job Board: https://jobs.oit.edu
Oregon Tech proudly offers a competitive benefits package to eligible employees; to learn more about the comprehensive offering of benefits visit:https://www.oit.edu/human-resources/benefits