Manager, Research Administration
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 2, 2022
The Manager, Research Administration will be responsible for managing the research administration area for the department of neurosurgery. Engaging in pre and post award grant management activities; financial management and accountability, including developing and monitoring budgets. To read more about our department and the research, please visit https://www.bcm.edu/departments/neurosurgery/research .
This position is eligible for a hybrid work schedule, working some days onsite each week.
- Manage day to day operation of research administration
- Prepare and/or review grant budget's
- Create/implement new processes in the research administration area to ensure area is functioning efficiently and can adequately support the grant mission in the department
- Responsible for all financial management related to grants management, personnel cost distribution, monitor budget and grant expenditures, review grant spend rates and IDC compared to budget, financial report and annual budgeting
- Manage HR recruitment activities in the research administration area
- Supervise the Research Administration Associate and the duties related to pre award submissions and post award activities
- Work with PIs in developing budgets for clinical trials and ensuring contracts are accurate and sustainable
- Annual grant budgeting and monthly forecasting for all grants/contracts
- Space survey and space management for the research mission of the department
- Asset Management oversight
- Bachelor's degree. Certified Research Administrator certification through the Research Administrators Certification Council (RACC) may substitute for the degree requirement.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Pre and Post award experience
- Financial experience related to grants management
- CRA certification
- The ideal candidate will provide strong leadership in the research administration area, with the ability to manage according to guidelines/compliance. Clear, transparent and strong communication skills with all levels within the department and with central groups. Teamwork and the ability to work with multiple teams is essential.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert