Architectural Technology Program Instructor
- Montgomery College
- Maryland, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 2, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Arts, Design & Graphic Arts, Professional Fields, Architecture, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Computer Sciences & Technology, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Faculty Affairs, Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment. The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole discretion.
The Montgomery College, Rockville Campus, is currently accepting applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member teaching in the following courses:
ARCH 200: CAD 3D presentation
ARCH 183: Autocad 2023.
ARCH 101: Introduction to Architecture and the Built Environment
We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Lecturer who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis . Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole discretion.
- During the academic year part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 11.5 ESH (equivalent semester hour) per semester and no more than 23 ESH per academic year.
- During summer part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 10 ESH (equivalent semester hour) for both sessions combined.
- Online lectures during scheduled class times on building technologies and architectural graphics using software listed below.
- (ARCH 183 and ARCH 200) Online demonstration in 2D documentation in computer graphics and 3D computer graphics (3D modeling and post processing/composition software ADOBE SUITE, Twinmotion 2022).
- Record, annotate and post lectures and demonstrations, assignments, and other course content on Blackboard throughout semester.
- Grading hand and digital work and post on Blackboard.
- Availability for online supplemental tutoring.
- (ARCH 101) Lecture on the impact of architecture within the built environment, including conservation and interior design issues; urban and regional planning; and construction implications. An examination of the entire building process and the legal, social, and cultural implications.
- Master of Science degree in Architecture, or a BArch professional degree.
- Three years professional work experience
- Must be familiar with multiple building technologies and the graphic architectural documentation of buildings.
- Must be proficient in the following software applications:
- Must be proficient in AutoCad 2023
- Sketchup Pro 22 and Layout
- Adobe Suite
- Microsoft Suite
- Successful candidates will have a demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity, inclusion, and multicultural competence in an educational and work environment and must be willing to contribute to the Colleges strategic plan of inclusion.
- Faculty members are expected to have access to a personal computer with virus protection that can connect to the internet outside of the work location (i.e., office, classroom, college campus)*. Montgomery College (MC) provides an MC e-mail account and access to the learning platform, password-protected faculty sections of the website, college listservs, and other faculty communications tools. *If you do not have access to a personal computer, please notify the department chair at the time of interview. Subject to available funds, the college may be able to provide temporary access to resources.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without a sponsor.
- Familiarity with Community College Architecture Programs.
- Camtasia, Screencast-O Matic.
- Zoom or Webex meeting platforms.
- Click Here to apply online
- Online applications must be received by December 9, 2022
- For consideration, you must: (optional)
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
- Successful completion of a background check and degree
verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree
equivalency for international degrees.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert