Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time
Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed
periodically based on the student enrollment needs. The listing of
a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an
assignment. The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an
academic judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole
The Montgomery College, Rockville Campus, is currently accepting
applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member
teaching in the following courses:
ARCH 200: CAD 3D presentation
ARCH 183: Autocad 2023
ARCH 101: Introduction to Architecture and the Built
We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated Lecturer who exhibits
a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our
students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in
an engaging manner.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time
Faculty on a continuous basis . Applications may be reviewed
periodically based on the student enrollment needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA”
does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic
judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole
- During the academic year part-time faculty at Montgomery
College may teach no more than 11.5 ESH (equivalent semester hour)
per semester and no more than 23 ESH per academic year.
- During summer part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach
no more than 10 ESH (equivalent semester hour) for both sessions
- Online lectures during scheduled class times on building
technologies and architectural graphics using software listed
- (ARCH 183 and ARCH 200) Online demonstration in 2D
documentation in computer graphics and 3D computer graphics (3D
modeling and post processing/composition software ADOBE SUITE,
- Record, annotate and post lectures and demonstrations,
assignments, and other course content on Blackboard throughout
- Grading hand and digital work and post on Blackboard.
- Availability for online supplemental tutoring.
- (ARCH 101) Lecture on the impact of architecture within the
built environment, including conservation and interior design
issues; urban and regional planning; and construction implications.
An examination of the entire building process and the legal,
social, and cultural implications.
- Master of Science degree in Architecture, or a BArch
- Three years professional work experience
- Must be familiar with multiple building technologies and the
graphic architectural documentation of buildings.
- Must be proficient in the following software applications:
- Must be proficient in AutoCad 2023
- Sketchup Pro 22 and Layout
- Adobe Suite
- Microsoft Suite
- Successful candidates will have a demonstrated commitment to
promoting diversity, inclusion, and multicultural competence in an
educational and work environment and must be willing to contribute
to the Colleges strategic plan of inclusion.
- Faculty members are expected to have access to a personal
computer with virus protection that can connect to the internet
outside of the work location (i.e., office, classroom, college
campus)*. Montgomery College (MC) provides an MC e-mail account and
access to the learning platform, password-protected faculty
sections of the website, college listservs, and other faculty
communications tools. *If you do not have access to a personal
computer, please notify the department chair at the time of
interview. Subject to available funds, the college may be able to
provide temporary access to resources.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without a
Application Process :
- Familiarity with Community College Architecture Programs.
- Camtasia, Screencast-O Matic.
- Zoom or Webex meeting platforms.
- Click Here to apply online
- Online applications must be received by December 9, 2022
- For consideration, you must: (optional)
Include dates of employment in your application or
Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your
transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the
time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check and degree
verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree
equivalency for international degrees.
Open Until Filled