Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time
Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed
periodically based on the student enrollment needs. The listing of
a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an
assignment. The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an
academic judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole
The Montgomery College, Rockville, Germantown, and Takoma
Park/Silver Spring Campuses, is currently accepting applications
for possible openings as a part-time faculty member teaching
Communication Studies. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated
teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong
commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to
motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time
Faculty on a continuous basis . Applications may be reviewed
periodically based on the student enrollment needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA”
does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic
judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole
- During the academic year part-time faculty at Montgomery
College may teach no more than 11.5 ESH (equivalent semester hour)
per semester and no more than 23 ESH per academic year.
- During summer part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach
no more than 10 ESH (equivalent semester hour) for both sessions
- Teach introduction to Human Communication courses and/or Mass
Communication courses to high school students in a face-to-face
setting both on campus and/or at any high school in Montgomery
- Teach a varied schedule of courses that may include morning,
afternoon, accelerated, online, and/or off-campus courses in high
schools, as needed.
- Stay abreast of discipline sponsored events, curriculum
changes, etc. in an effort to keep students informed and
- Engage students in their learning through active and
collaborative learning approaches.
- Incorporate culturally relevant pedagogies to the teaching and
- Incorporate the use of educational enterprise platform (e.g.,
Blackboard) and other relevant technology into instruction,
including inexpensive or no-cost resources in the development and
delivery of instruction.
- Master’s degree or higher in Human Communication or
Communication Studies, with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours
in the discipline.
- Experience teaching Introduction to Human Communication, Public
Relations, Public Speaking, Interpersonal Communication, Small
Group Communication, and other communication related courses.
- Ability to integrate technology and classroom related computer
software and portals, including Blackboard, for course
- Successful candidates will have a demonstrated commitment to
promoting diversity, inclusion, and multicultural competence in an
educational and work environment and must be willing to contribute
to the Colleges strategic plan of inclusion.
- Faculty members are expected to have access to a personal
computer with virus protection that can connect to the internet
outside of the work location (i.e., office, classroom, college
campus)*. Montgomery College (MC) provides an MC e-mail account and
access to the learning platform, password-protected faculty
sections of the website, college listservs, and other faculty
communications tools. *If you do not have access to a personal
computer, please notify the department chair at the time of
interview. Subject to available funds, the college may be able to
provide temporary access to resources.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without a
Application Process :
- Experience teaching distance learning and/or hybrid
- Experience teaching Communication Studies in a post-secondary
- Experience working in the field of Communications.
- Click Here to apply online
- Online applications must be received by January 6, 2023
- For consideration, you must: (optional)
Include dates of employment in your application or
Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your
transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the
time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check and degree
verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree
equivalency for international degrees.
Friday, January 6, 2023