Dean, School of Nursing
Texas A&M University—a land, sea, and space grant, R1 university with membership in the prestigious American Association of Universities—invites nominations and applications for the Dean of its nationally recognized School of Nursing.
- Earned doctoral degree. Masters degree or higher in nursing. Established research portfolio and qualifications commensurate with tenure at the rank of professor in the School of Nursing. Experience in conducting or building a faculty research program.
- Ten years of experience in higher education and five years of experience in managing faculty members.
- Eligible for or be licensed in Texas as a Registered Nurse.
Special skills, knowledge & abilities:
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written). Ability to prepare and deliver presentations. Ability to work with various people at all levels of an organization.
Other factors or requirements:
- Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others. Ability to perform all tasks and job responsibilities safely without injury to self and others in compliance with Texas A&M System and University guidelines Ability to provide a safe environment that fosters respect, inclusion, and equity for all faculty, staff, students, former students, and visitors.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in a high-performing academic institution. Success in leading fundraising. A national reputation in nursing or related health field and commitment to enhancing the reputation of faculty and the school at the state and national levels. Commitment to collaboration and inter-professional education. Demonstrated ability to work productively with others.
How to Apply
Greenwood/Asher & Associates, Inc. is assisting Southern Illinois University Edwardsville and the School of Dental Medicine in this search. Applications and nominations are now being accepted. Confidential inquiries, nominations and application materials should be directed to Greenwood/Asher and Associates, LLC. Interested applicants will be required to submit a comprehensive cover letter that addresses how their strengths and experiences match the qualifications for the position; curriculum vitae; and the names, addresses, e-mails, and telephone numbers of three to five professional references. Submission of application materials as PDF attachments is strongly encouraged. The search will be conducted with a commitment of confidentiality for candidates until finalists are selected. Initial screening of applications will begin immediately and will continue until an appointment is made.
Please direct inquiries, nominations, and application materials to:
Jim Johnsen- Email: email@example.com
Joe Stanley - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Greenwood/Asher & Associates, LLC
42 Business Centre Drive, Suite 206
Miramar Beach, Florida 32550
Phone: 850-650-2277 / Fax: 850-650-2272
Texas A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability employer committed to building a culturally diverse educational environment. Applications from veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, minorities, and members of other underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged