Open Until Filled
Endpoint Lab Technician
Department this Position Reports to
Hiring Range Minimum
Hiring Range Maximum
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Full Time w/end date
Scheduled Months per Year
Scheduled Hours per Week
Location of Position
The Computer Store, 10 North Main St, McNutt Hall Hanover NH
Remote Work Eligibility?
Is this a term position?
If yes, length of term in months.
Is this a grant funded position?
The Endpoint Lab Technician is responsible for supporting computers
and devices in managed instructional locations across the Dartmouth
community. As a member of the Endpoint Services team this role will
consult with lab owners and managers to meet client needs,
reporting directly to the Endpoint Services Manager.
Required Qualifications - Education and Yrs Exp
Associates or equivalent combination of education and
Required Qualifications - Skills, Knowledge and
- Demonstrated ability in supporting desktop and mobile operating
systems, applications, and peripherals.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
managing multiple tasks and priorities.
- Demonstrated understanding of endpoint management concepts,
process and tools.
- Experience working in a client-facing technology support role
to deliver client-focused service.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to focus on
defined requirements and process.
- Demonstrated expertise in performing root cause analysis.
- Experience designing and modifying processes to improve the
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively on teams.
- Ability to mentor and teach others.
- Ability to learn solutions, tools, and scripting
Department Contact for Cover Letter and Title
- Experience working in an Academic environment.
- Experience with endpoint management concepts and tools.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We
prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any
other legally protected status. Applications by members of all
underrepresented groups are encouraged.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and
successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which
may include a criminal background check, reference checks,
verification of work history, and verification of any required
academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results
acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not
automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background
check information will be used in a confidential,
non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal
Special Instructions to Applicants
This position is a 24-month term position.
All Dartmouth College employees, whether working on-site or
remotely, are required to be up to date with vaccination against
COVID -19 (or to have received an approved exemption from
vaccination through the Office of Institutional Diversity and
Equity). Please visit https://dartgo.org/vaxpolicy
for details. Compliance with this requirement is a condition of
employment. Failure to meet this condition of employment within the
first 30 days may result in Dartmouth in its sole discretion ending
Dartmouth College has a Tobacco-Free Policy. Smoking and the use of
tobacco-based products (including smokeless tobacco) are prohibited
in all facilities, grounds, vehicles or other areas owned, operated
or occupied by Dartmouth College with no exceptions. For details,
please see our policy. https://policies.dartmouth.edu/policy/tobacco-free-policy
Percentage Of Time
- Supports, maintains, and refreshes lab computers and
- Works with Endpoint Services Engineers to ensure provisioning
processes for each lab meet customers requirements.
- Maintains package data, requirements, and documentation for
each lab per Endpoint Services standards.
- Consults with lab owners and managers to meet client
- Develops, maintains and documents processes for each managed
- Performs package and provisioning validation testing as
Percentage Of Time
- Assists in the build and delivery of devices in the Dartmouth
Equipment Program when required.
- Provides outstanding client service through support
interactions with clients.
- Maintains inventory and updates asset information in adherence
with device lifecycle.
- Performs reporting as needed for labs under management.
Project Management and Collaboration
Percentage Of Time
- Identifies areas for improvement in Endpoint Services processes
and participates in process improvement initiatives.
- Participates in Client Services projects.
- Collaborates with internal and external teams to share
information, build relationships, and accomplish shared goals.
Training and Development
Percentage Of Time
- Trains and mentors colleagues in areas of expertise.
- Proactively identifies and pursues training to develop subject
Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural
awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with
Performs other duties as assigned.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Talent Acquisition Consultant
- American Library Association
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Dartmouth College Employment Website
- Internal Employee Referral
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed Jobs
- National Black MBA Association
- Recruit Military
- Valley News
- Other (Please specify below)
- If you answered 'Other' to the above question, please specify
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae