College of Business Administration
Duties and Responsibilities:
Auburn University at Montgomery ( AUM ) is seeking an
Administrative Associate for the Department of Business
Administration. This position will be comprised of a wide range of
clerical and secretarial tasks to support the university and its
The Administrative Associate will:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Maintain and supervise a variety of standard office programs
such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe and Outlook; Operate Banner
System (Student and Finance); Operate office equipment.
- Analyze complex files and file materials using Xtender; sort
and file correspondence, reports, records, and other documents by
established categories; maintain and build manuals, standard
operating procedures and calendars.
- Greet visitors; answer questions and give non-technical
information; receive and resolve complaints; arrange
- Prepare new hire paperwork for faculty, staff and students (ex:
adjunct and GTAs) each semester.
- Assist in the preparation and process letters, reports,
memorandum, professional service agreements and other materials
from copy, rough drafts, and detailed instructions; transcribe
correspondence and other materials; proofread material for
- Setup and coordinate special projects such as workshops,
business luncheons, and other departmental or college events.
- Maintain attendance, personnel, time, payroll, supply
inventory, accounts, financial, cost and/or other operating records
where technical knowledge of established policies and procedures is
required; maintain confidential records and/or documents.
- Attend and keep records of meetings, conferences, and
proceedings; coordinate with departmental representatives in
collecting and disseminating information.
- Prepare travel requests for the department and process eVendor
and eTravel Vouchers; process book orders
- Provide assistance to the MBA and MHA Coordinators
- Knowledge of basic word processing software and the ability to
operate standard PC/PC software applications
- Knowledge of applicable university policies and procedures
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Knowledge of assigned department forms, rules, etc.
- Interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Ability to review materials and identify discrepancies or
mistakes (i.e., proofreading)
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations
- Ability to respond to several demands at one time
- Ability to coordinate the work of others
- Analytical skills
High school diploma or equivalent and two (2) years
Additional relevant education may be substituted for experience
Job Open Date:
This posting will remain open until closed:
Job Close Date:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Auburn University at Montgomery reserves the right once
interviewing has begun to stop accepting applications.
About the University/College
Located in Alabama’s vibrant state capital, Auburn University at
Montgomery is a fast-growing university on the rise. Don’t just
take our word for it: The Princeton Review rates us as one of the
best colleges in the Southeast, while U.S. News & World Report
recently ranked us No. 22 among regional universities in the South
for the quality of undergraduate teaching and 38th among all public
institutions in the region.
Auburn University at Montgomery is an equal opportunity employer
committed to excellence through diversity; therefore, we encourage
applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans,
and individuals with disabilities.
Position Profile Link
Optional Documents Posting Specific Questions
- Cover Letter
- Professional Reference Sheet
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).