- San Jose State University
- California, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 1, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology
- Employment Type
- Full Time
As a member of the SJSU Information Technology team, the Systems Analyst will establish and maintain the Research Foundation’s systems development methodology, lead in the definition of the Research Foundation’s business models in order to support strategic information resources planning and implementation.
The position is primarily responsible for implementation, support, and maintenance of the Research Foundation’s applications including the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system (Financial, Human Resources, Contracts and Grants Management, and Endowment Tracking).
The position will perform the responsibilities of the Systems Analyst/Database administrator; Promote and maintain a total quality, service-oriented environment meeting the needs of the Research Foundation, its customers, and clients.
- Design, develop, implement, train and support all applications and reports.
- Create specifications for systems to meet business requirements.
- Assist in the evaluation of business needs and current deficiencies and recommend possible solutions for improving business processes (e.g. payroll, job applicant tracking, funding alert).
- Serve as main point of contact for all staff hardware and software needs which include troubleshooting and resolving staff computer problems, setting up computer systems, and providing telephone technical support.
- Ensure all equipment receive adequate preventative and remedial maintenance and that service vendors adhere to maintenance agreements.
- Consult with vendors for purchases and follow-up on service requests.
- Research and recommend enhancements or replacement to systems.
- Assist with installation of new hardware and software, as required.
- Provide user training to promote use of on-line research tools, perform database queries and periodically audit the Foundation’s database.
- Maintain the Research Foundation’s web page.
- Provide support to other Foundation web users.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly troubleshoot problems, recommending efficient and cost-effective solutions
- Strong orientation to detail and strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated skills in oral and written communication to provide a liaison between users and computer systems environment
- Ability to provide information and assistance during the Information Technology decision-making process
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to apply consultative skills to assess user needs and provide appropriate support
- Ability to analyze systems requirements and research systems availability and access methods
- Ability to integrate multiple systems using standard software packages and analyze and monitor systems performance and usage
- Knowledge of systems administration principles and techniques
- Basic knowledge of network administration and a demonstrated understanding of SJSU physical security processes
- Ability to effectively create and maintain complicated documentation and proficiency using standard software packages
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills working with users to interpret needs and provide appropriate solutions
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and provide direction to participating departments, clients, vendors
- Ability to develop solutions to complex problems using existing and emerging technologies, and to identify those most appropriate for a particular environment
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science or business, or equivalent training and applied experience
- Three years of experience in business applications analysis, design, and programming for medium or large scale, multi-programmed computers
- Three years’ progressive experience in systems and network design, development, programming, support, maintenance and training
- Two years’ experience with relational database management software in a minicomputer environment highly desired
- Experience in a university-connected auxiliary organization setting is highly preferred
Classification: Analyst/Programmer - Career
CSU Salary Range: $4,678/month - $11,547/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary .
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus (including all booster doses of an approved vaccine for which an individual is eligible per current CDC recommendations) or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. As a condition of employment, any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as well as with other safety measures established on the campus. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. Incumbent is also required to promptly report any knowledge of a possible Title IX related incident to the Title IX Office or report any discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation to the Office of Equal Opportunity.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Housing Fire Safety Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Annual Security Report (ASR) is also now available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Security-Report.pdf. The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and Sexual Assault prevention information, and information about drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery crimes for San José State University locations for the three most recent calendar years. A paper copy of the ASR is available upon request by contacting the Office of the Clery Director by phone at 408-924-1501 or by email at email@example.com .
Pursuant to the Higher Education Opportunity Act, the Annual Fire Safety Report (AFSR) is also available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Fire-Safety-Report.pdf . The purpose of this report is to disclose statistics for fires that occurred within SJSU on-campus housing facilities for the three most recent calendar years, and to distribute fire safety policies and procedures intended to promote safety on Campus. A paper copy of the AFSR is available upon request by contacting the Housing Office by phone at 408-795-5600 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: December 01, 2022 (9:00 AM) Pacific Standard Time
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert