Manager of Financial Operations & Customer Receivables
- Brown University
- Rhode Island, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 1, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Business Administration, Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Financial Affairs, Student Affairs, Financial Aid
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Manager of Financial Operations & Customer Receivables manages the cashier and banking team and provides appropriate oversight to ensure the accurate and timely record‐ing of all University deposits originating from many sources via various payment methods.
This position serves as the Financial Analyst for the University Financial Services depart‐ment, responsible for performing analysis of all payments and deposits, researching adjust‐ments, and executing transactions in various systems. Also, the reporting, investigation and correction of outstanding bank reconciliation items.
In addition, they are responsible for the invoicing and collection of the University miscella‐neous accounts receivable program through Workday Customer Accounts.
Major Responsibilities include:
- Ensure all receipts to the University are processed timely and
accurately. This includes payments for student accounts, loans,
gifts, sponsor payments, customer accounts and other miscellaneous
- Daily analysis of all banking activity for three University
bank accounts, including processing of ACH files returned checks,
international wires, recording of credit card revenue and fees, and
daily reconciliation of bank data; Make appropriate entries in
University systems, maintaining synchronization with bank
originated ACH items requiring adjustments while monitoring all ACH
debit items for fraud prevention.
- Develop and utilize reports from various systems to reconcile
bank and system transactions; compare and correct data; research
and resolve outstanding items on the bank reconciliation reports
for both of the University’s primary bank accounts.
- Research errors and determine corrective action. Create and/or
edit ad hoc bank transactions and/or prepare journal entries to
reallocate between accounts, make corrections for keying errors, or
- Responsible for the University miscellaneous accounts
receivable program – Customer Accounts – transactions, billing and
collections. Monitor the review and approval of invoices and
adjustments, statements and other collection activity according to
policies and procedures. Ensure timely collection of all customer
accounts receivable based on University and departmental policies
and procedures and collection best practices and regulations.
- Develop and maintain internal controls and separation of duties
to prevent potential fraud
- Select, train, and supervise 3 direct reports
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or related business
concentration or equivalent combination of relevant experience in
financial operations, accounting and financial data analysis.
- Supervisory experience preferred; demonstrated experience in
- Demonstrated experience in advanced Excel required
- Requires professional knowledge of the theory, principles and
procedures of accounting, auditing and financial management.
- Strong technical and analytical skills to translate data from
various sources into user-friendly reports and spreadsheets;
Ability to learn new systems and adapt to system changes
- Must be detail oriented and possess exceptional analytical,
organizational, administrative, time management skills and the
ability to work independently as well as be a productive member of
- Possess initiative and judgment to independently problem solve
- Possesses a willingness and ability to support a diverse and
- Ability to independently develop and implement short and long
term goals and to prioritize.
- Ability to manage time and work independently
- Must be approachable, cooperative, dependable, and committed to
working within a team environment demonstrating solid institutional
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
and be able to effectively interact with individuals from various
- Knowledge of cash handling and security regulations and
- Possess a willingness and ability to support and promote a
diverse and inclusive campus community
- Knowledge of NACHA and PCI Compliance regulations
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
Manager of Financial Operations & Customer Receivables
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
In order to maintain 90% or greater universal vaccination rates on campus, all newly hired employees at Brown University must receive the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine before they begin work, unless they are approved for a medical or religious exemption. All employees must also receive a COVID-19 booster within thirty (30) days of becoming eligible. For more information, please visit the Healthy Brown site.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com .
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
As an EEO/AA employer, Brown University provides equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination, harassment and retaliation based upon a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law, and caste, which is protected by our University policies.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert