Public Safety Shuttle Driver, Waukesha
- Job Title:Public Safety Shuttle Driver
- 100 N East Ave
- Waukesha, WI, 53186
- United States
- Employee Type:Support Staff
- Job Category:Public Safety, Staff
At Carroll University, we are
committed to identifying and employing strategies to support our
goal to be and remain a socially just organization. Rooted in the
Presbyterian (U.S.A.) heritage, we respect all aspects of
diversity, embrace the practice of equity, expect inclusion, and
embrace belonging throughout our community. Therefore, we seek
applicants who can demonstrate their understanding of justice and
who can inspire our increasingly diverse student population.
Availability, education and/or experience:
- Operate campus shuttle as assigned
- Perform parking enforcement via vehicle or foot of all
University parking areas if assigned.
- Properly secure and unsecure University buildings.
- Provide access to academic and administrative areas to
authorized personnel after hours.
- Check after hour passes and IDs of building users.
- Provide traffic control at cross walks if assigned
- Detect and report any unusual circumstances, unsafe conditions,
security risks, fire hazards, property damage, vandalism, etc.
- Monitor and report any unusual circumstances, unsafe
conditions, security risks, fire hazards, property damage,
- Monitor and report obvious malfunctions in building mechanical
systems such as heating, air conditioning, lighting, water leaks,
- Provide assistance, directions, and information to University
personnel and visitors.
- Assist Public Safety Officers and Department administrative
members as directed
- Render basic first aid as appropriate and request medical
assistance as necessary.
- Activate or de-activate building intrusion alarm systems.
- Submit related verbal and written reports as appropriate and
- Detect and report any non-University affiliated persons in
areas where it is not permissible.
- Assist Public Safety student employees with specific problems
or temporary relief.
- Perform any and all related duties as required or
Human Relations Skills:
- This position requires availability and flexibility to work
shifts between 4-8 hours in length, and between 6:00 am and 1:00 am
as scheduled, this excludes summer break (mid-May through August).
There may be additional shifts available during the day, night, and
- Requires high school education; possess a valid Wisconsin
driver's license with favorable driving record; and ability to pass
extensive background investigation.
- Prior related customer service experience (preferably in a
similar environment) or comparable is necessary.
- Must demonstrate clear and concise oral communication skills;
diplomacy and tact in dealing with sensitive situations; ability to
exercise sound and mature judgment; and a strong sense of
- Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their
age, gender, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion,
ability, socio-economic background, or job type.
To apply, please visit: https://secure4.saashr.com/ta/6153588.careers?showjob=537177346
- Commitment to providing top-quality customer service.
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with a
diverse community is required.
- Must be able to endure long periods of sitting and operating
- Candidates must be willing and able to support and advance the