Adjunct Instructor (Mathematics)
Prairie View A&M University
Mathematics (James Valles)
Proposed Minimum Salary
Prairie View, Texas
This non-tenure track Adjunct Instructor is responsible for
teaching mathematics courses, in-class, hybrid, or online. The
position is available on for the upcoming Fall 2020 semester and
may continue on an as-needed basis.
Required Education & Experience:
- Teach up to two courses per semester.
- Keep records, post grades (mid-term & final), submit
attendance reporting, and mentor students.
- Post and maintain office hours.
- Other duties as assigned by department head.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Master’s degree with at least 18 graduate SCH of Mathematics or
- One year teaching experience at the college level for
Mathematics or Statistics.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use virtual technology and related software to
support online teaching.
Job Closing Date:
Please attach all required documents listed below in the
attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter”
on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the
“Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover Letter” attachment box. Any additional
attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below
are considered optional.
- Doctorate in mathematics or statistics.
- Three years of experience in teaching college level courses in
mathematics or statistics.
Application Submission Guidelines:
- Cover Letter
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or
before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant
inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed,
HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has
applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above Required Attachments
section must be attached to the application prior to the job
closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the
application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource
on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or
email@example.com should you need assistance with the online
Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution’s procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.