Assistant/Associate Professor (Counseling)
Prairie View A&M University
Ed Leadership & Counseling
Proposed Minimum Salary
Prairie View, Texas
This tenured/tenured track position will teach Counseling in the
Whitelowe R. Green College of Education. This is a full-time,
9-month appointment beginning Fall 2022.
Required Education & Experience:
- Demonstrate excellence in teaching, research, and
- Prepare candidates to successfully pass the state certification
- Provide advising and mentoring for master’s level
- Demonstrate a willingness to be innovative in advancing the
- Participate in professional development activities.
- Engage in the recruitment of students, to include, promoting
the program at professional conferences and establishing
professional relationships with school districts in the PVAMU
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- Doctorate degree in Counseling.
- Experience in teaching, advising, and mentoring graduate
- Clear research agenda and evidence of ongoing scholarly
- Experience in teaching in a counselor preparation program that
includes school counselor certification and in the near future, a
community mental health counseling program.
Job Posting Close Date:
Please attach all required documents listed below in the
attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter”
on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the
“Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover Letter” attachment box. Any additional
attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below
are considered optional.
- Graduate of a CACREP-approved program
- Experience in securing CACREP accreditation
- Experience as a counselor in a school setting or community
mental health agency
- Credentialed as a Licensed Professional Counselor.
Application Submission Guidelines:
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or
before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant
inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed,
HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has
applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above "Required Attachments"
section must be attached to the application prior to the job
closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the
application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource
on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or
email@example.com should you need assistance with the online
Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution’s procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.