Assistant Professor (Human Nutrition and Food)
Prairie View A&M University
Ag. Nutrition & Human Ecology
Proposed Minimum Salary
Prairie View, Texas
This full-time tenured/tenure-track position is available in the
College of Agriculture and Human Sciences and primarily responsible
for teaching and advising students in Human Nutrition.
Required Education and Experience:
- Teach undergraduate level courses in Human Nutrition and Food
(HUNF). Advise undergraduate students and work with student
- Develop research collaboration both within and across
- Implement research relative to nutrition, dietetics, food
science and/or food systems management and publish results of this
research in refereed journals.
- Seek and acquire externally funded grants and contracts for
relevant research projects.
- Engage in service activities with colleagues, the department,
college, university, community, and professional
- Assist with the recruitment of students into the HUNF
- Ph.D. in nutrition, food systems, dietetics, or a closely
- Preferably, candidates must have at least 1-2 years minimum
experience of teaching at the undergraduate and or graduate
- A record of publications in refereed journals.
- Experience engaging in nutrition research.
- Previous or current external funding as PI or Co-PI
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Registered Dietitian (RD)
- Eligible to be credentialed to practice in the State of Texas
(the hire must be credentialed within 6 months of
Job Posting Close Date:
Please attach all required documents listed below in the
attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter”
on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the
“Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover Letter” attachment box. Any additional
attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below
are considered optional.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in written and oral communication
skills for diverse audiences.
- The successful applicant must also demonstrate proficiency and
commitment to high-quality classroom instruction, new course
development, and contribute to program development and
- Demonstrate support of professional organizations in the
- A strong record of training and experience engaging and
supporting diverse populations in education, research, and
Application Submission Guidelines:
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or
before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant
inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed,
HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has
applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above "Required Attachments"
section must be attached to the application prior to the job
closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the
application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource
on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or
email@example.com should you need assistance with the online
Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a
criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon
the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other
information required by the institution’s procedures, including the
completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer
committed to diversity.