LECTURER CONSUMER SCIENCE
- University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Wisconsin, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 1, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Instructional Technology & Design, Other Education, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Statistics, Social & Behavioral Sciences, Home Economics & Consumer Sciences, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Instructional Technology & Design (Campus)
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Department of Consumer Science is hiring lecturer positions to teach one or more sections of the following courses during the Spring 2023 semester.
CNSR SCI 201: Consumer Insights
This course provides basic training in quantitative data analysis, with an emphasis on descriptive and inferential statistics with consumer research applications. The course is designed around four general phases of research involving problem definition, data collection, data analysis, and communication for making real-world decisions.
CNSR SCI 555: Consumer Design Strategy & Evaluation
In this course, students will learn how to leverage a unique combination of design thinking and strategic planning to design, prototype and test solutions to real problems faced by businesses, people and organizations.
CNSR SCI 657: Consumer Behavior
Students study the interdisciplinary approach to consumer behavior, learn about motivation, perception, and attitude formation, and understand the effects of various influences from social class to social media. The content also delves into consumer culture, highlighting the evolution from rational processes to the symbolic meaning that is interwoven with the marketplace and cultivates relationships between brands and consumers.
It is expected that these courses will be taught in an in-person format during the Spring of 2023, with the potential to continue teaching related courses in the Department of Consumer Science in the future.
Facilitates classroom, online, and/or laboratory instruction and assists with instructional development and design for a single course or series of courses within an academic discipline to support the delivery of quality instruction. Provides for-credit instruction in formats such as classroom, online and/or laboratory settings, including grading. Serves as an instructor of record.
- 80% Facilitates classroom, online and/or laboratory instruction for one or more courses, including assessment of student performance
- 5% Develops instructional design and curriculum relevant to a course of instruction
- 15% Serves as an initial point of contact for students as it relates to specific course or series content and expectations
Institutional Statement on Diversity:
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
For more information on diversity and inclusion on campus, please visit: Diversity and Inclusion
Preferred focus in Consumer Science, Business Administration or closely related field.
Qualified candidates will have the following skills and abilities:
- Ability to work effectively within a diverse community
- Demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive work environment
- Industry experience and knowledge of the subject matter
- At least two years of successful teaching experience at the college level is preferred
Full or Part Time: 33.3% - 100%
It is anticipated this position requires work be performed in-person, onsite, at a designated campus work location.
Appointment Type, Duration:
Terminal, 5 month appointment.
This position has the possibility to be extended or converted to an ongoing appointment based on need and/or funding
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert