Coordinator of Community Outreach-Education
Full Time/Part Time
The Coordinator of Community Outreach-Education will spearhead
consortium collaboration in the communities, mindful that
institutions of higher education and public-school districts are
often the heart of the remote area. As part of their duties, the
CCO -E will organize and gather assessment and evaluation
information requested by the grant’s external evaluators per the
evaluation and assessment plan. As the NTIA - CMC project will be
heavily bounded by Northern New Mexico culture, versatile teaching
strategies are important The CCO -E will be responsible for
community training and education events. The position will hold a
mentoring role, for students, teachers and community members
utilizing the NTIA - CMC project materials and strategies. They
will also cooperate on events and training under the management of
the Project Director.
The CCO -E will collaborate with the Director, Instructional
Designers, other Coordinators, Northern New Mexico community
outreach organizations, local college and public school teachers,
and NMHU School of Education Project Teams. Position resides at
NMHU / SOE (Las Vegas, NM) but work may be remote from home in
Northern New Mexico.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Will work collaboratively with Project Director to use, revise,
and optimize project/program
process and outcomes.
- Will support project participants & users (i.e. students,
teachers, community members and support experts) to assist them in
the use of various multimedia elements (e.g. logging into modules,
completing module assignments).
- Will provide on-going mentoring sessions for project participants
(p, students, teachers, community members, and support staff) as
- Will work collaboratively with Northern New Mexico community
outreach organizations, local college and public schools staff
connected to the Project.
- Will attend regular training sessions utilizing NMHU approved and
supported technologies and applications for teaching and those
technologies connected to the Project.
- Will document all participant sessions and interactions to
provide project status.
- Will assist in the development and implementation of online
learning and other related initiatives that affect the Project and
NTIA - CMC Grant at NMHU .
- Will maintain regular attendance.
- Will report to Director weekly.
- Will perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Completed Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science Degree (BA or
BS) from an Accredited Institution of Higher Learning.
- Experience with mobile technology (smart phones, tablets, etc.)
and mobile apps.
- Master’s Degree or higher from an Accredited Institution of
-Experience in K-12 education and/or higher education (e.g.
directed teaching or paraprofessional or job skills
- Experience with e-learning technology platforms and learning
- Experience working with community outreach organizations.
- Bilingual or Multilingual experience or proficiency. (Spanish or
Special Conditions for Eligibility
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of college or university environment.
- Knowledge of computers, office equipment, and computer
- Ability to use and leverage mobile learning modes (e.g. mobile
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to interact professionally with program staff and
- Ability to instruct the users of technology either remotely or
face to face.
- Be highly flexible, creative, and able to adapt to new coaching
demands, including new hardware and software environments.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing at a high
- Ability to utilize independent judgement.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and supervision.
- Repetitive hand motions and prolonged use of computer.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
Work Location/Campus Center
Online - In the State of New Mexico
New Mexico Highlands University is an affirmative action, equal
opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected
class. We are committed to the University values of diversity,
accessibility, excellence, and responsiveness.
For disabled access or services call 505-454-3242 or email
Visit the link below for more information regarding affirmative
action and equal opportunity:
Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant
A complete online application must include: 1) Letter of
interest/cover letter; 2) Resume;
3) Unofficial copies of transcripts. Candidates who are invited to
interview will be required to submit a minimum of 2
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Are you a current employee of the university?
- Do you have experience with Desire2Learn or another learning
- Do you have experience in teaching through a variety of
modalities including face-to-face, interactive television, and both
synchronous and asynchronous online instruction?
- Interactive television
- Synchronous online
- Asynchronous online
- If you have no experience with traditional asynchronous,
on-line teaching, are you willing to obtain training?
- Cover Letter/ Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcripts Conferring Required Degree
- Letter(s) of Recommendation