DIVISION COORDINATOR (PART TIME 50% FTE)
Job Location: Bothell Campus, Remote/Hybrid
Job Location Detail:Hybrid Eligible
Closing Info: Closes On 12/26/2022
Salary:$3500 - $4677 per month
Limited Recruitment: Other
a UW employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life
For detailed information on Benefits for this position,
As a UW employee, you have a unique opportunity to change lives on
our campuses, in our state and around the world. UW employees offer
their boundless energy, creative problem solving skills and
dedication to build stronger minds and a healthier world.
UW faculty and staff also enjoy outstanding benefits, professional
growth opportunities and unique resources in an environment noted
for diversity, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits and
The Division Coordinator (Program Coordinator) will both provide
confidential academic program assistance for the Division Chair and
coordinating a variety of processes related to the life of the
division. Success in this role will require an understanding of
divisional and schoolwide strategic goals and operational
objectives, a high degree of flexibility, the ability to track
multiple projects simultaneously, the ability to maintain a
professional demeanor under time pressure, and the ability to
handle confidential and sensitive matters with tact and discretion.
The position will report to and work closely with the Division
Chair in close collaboration with staff in the Dean’s Office, other
schoolwide staff teams, and other individuals in these roles will
be crucial as well.
This position is 50% FTE and will have a work schedule of 20
hours per week.
Academic and Student Services:
• Represent the Division positively and professionally in meetings
and other interactions.·
• Use knowledge of program goals and priorities to coordinate
effectively with Dean’s Office and other campus staff in providing
general administrative support, advocating for solutions that
support the division’s specialized needs while also maintaining
robust regulatory compliance and consistency at the School
• Serve on workgroups and committees as needed to develop and
implement streamlined collaborative procedures within the
• Review and submit faculty and staff reimbursements (travel,
mileage, conference fees) in coordination with fiscal services in
the School of STEM following UW and state regulations.
• Provide general administrative support for the Division Chair,
maintaining confidentiality, discretion and representing the
Division in a positive and professional manner.
• Monitor and maintain expenditures on divisional budgets, using
program knowledge to review for allowability and appropriateness
for fund source.
• Procure divisional supplies and approved food for divisional
events as a ProCard holder, following UW and School of STEM fiscal
compliance guidelines and policies, and ensuring that necessary
approvals are appropriately documented.
• Create and mail departmental letters or packets.
• Assist in the website management of division pages in
coordination with the marketing and communications in the School of
• Create new and maintain existing student data reports as
requested (for example, reports on student academic
• Assist with academic personnel processing including following and
interpreting university procedures and processes for new faculty
appointments and document compliance.
• Follow university procedures and processes for new faculty
appointments and document compliance.
• Assist Division Chair with faculty merit process.
• Serve as a resource for division faculty on administrative
procedures (e.g., advise faculty on policies, procedures, and
collection of course evaluations); direct faculty to school and
campus resources as appropriate.
• Assist search committee chairs with coordinating and managing
faculty searches, including advertisement of faculty positions in
national publications/websites, independently corresponding with
candidates, independently coordinating and guiding processes with
search committees, and coordinating travel and detailed interview
scheduling with the Dean’s Office.
• Maintain filing systems for accurate record keeping by following
audit and retention policies.
• Develop and implement long term strategies for improving
efficiencies (i.e., contribute to the faculty resources online
guide with information pertinent to new faculty; maintain a process
log for new appointments; etc.)
• Provide general office support including, but not limited to,
data entry, preparing reports and spreadsheets, handling mail merge
correspondence, making telephone calls, researching information for
Division Chair, division faculty, and program staff, web updates,
• Assist with other projects as assigned.
High school graduation or equivalent AND two years of experience in
support of academic programs OR equivalent
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse constituency.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to track multiple projects simultaneously
and maintain professionalism and effectiveness under time
• Facility with Microsoft Office, especially Outlook, Word, and
Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
• Experience in a higher-education setting.
• Experience at the University of Washington.
• Familiarity with tools such as Microsoft Teams, Microsoft
OneDrive, Google forms, Qualtrics surveys, Canvas, and
• Experience with or training in using a content management system
for web communications.
• Experience with managing an executive-level calendar.
• This position is 50% FTE and will have a work schedule of 20
hours per week.
• A regular daily and weekly schedule will be established that
coincides with the operating hours of the School of STEM (M-F,
• This position could work remotely routinely in a hybrid
The application process for UW positions may include completion of
a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information
that will be used in the evaluation process. These assessments may
include Work Authorization, Cover Letter and/or others. Any
assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as
soon as you select “Apply to this position”. Once you begin an
assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not
complete the assessment you will be prompted to do so the next time
you access your “My Jobs” page. If you select to take it later, it
will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready.
Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you
will not be considered for this position until all required
assessments have been completed.
Applicants considered for this position will be required to
disclose if they are the subject of any substantiated findings or
current investigations related to sexual misconduct at their
current employment and past employment. Disclosure is required
under Washington state law
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, the
University of Washington will honor your experiences, perspectives
and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and
maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive,
equitable and welcoming.
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability
committed to becoming climate neutral.
University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal
All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled
status, or genetic information.
To request disability accommodation in the application process,
contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 or email@example.com
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
Employees of the University of Washington are required to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption
is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at
least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19
vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired
employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19
vaccination. View the Final candidate guide to COVID-19 vaccination
for information about the medical or
religious exemption process for final candidates.