Grant Administrative Assistant
University Pay Plan Title
Department of Agricultural Sciences
Open to All
$1,009 - $1,166
Required Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address
how they meet these required qualifications to meet the
requirements of the position.
- Experience administering multi-year programs/projects.
- Experience with USDA grant administration
- Knowledge of grant financial reporting
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills.
- Effective communication skills – orally, verbally, and
- Demonstrated excellence in grant bookkeeping.
- Demonstrated excellence in office procedures, phone etiquette,
recordkeeping, grant budgeting, and reporting.
- Demonstrated experience with bookkeeping software and other
office software (MSWord, MSExcel, Quickbooks, Quicken etc)
- Ability to work alone and collaboratively as part of a
- Genuine interest in working for the betterment of small-scale,
diversified agricultural operations in Texas.
- Event planning, graphic design, and/or website management
- Experience working with TXST SAP administration.
The Grant Administrative Assistant will support grant staff in
administrative processes, budgeting, record keeping, creation of
written and visual materials, and event coordination. The Grant
Admin will be responsible for assisting grant staff with
administrative and program functions in accordance with university
policies and procedures.
Additional Information to Applicants
Job Open Date
- Perform all administrative functions of the grant, such as
purchasing, accounting, reimbursements to participants,
timekeeping, and travel arrangements for grant staff.
- Keep a calendar of meetings and appointments for the Program
Director, schedule appointments and remind staff of upcoming
- Manage record keeping for staff meetings, including follow-up
on action items.
- Monitor transactions to grant budgets and develop monthly
reports to Program Director and Grant Director.
- Help plan and arrange activities and events by handling
arrangements with caterers, making room and facility reservations
and assisting in setup of food and tables.
- Assist in the preparation of information pieces such as fliers,
brochures, social media content, and conference programs.
- Assist with website management as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight)
Open Until Filled
Normal Work Days
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Normal Work Hours Start
Normal Work Hours End
Applicant must have a valid Texas Driver's License and be a driver
in good standing with less than ten (10) points deducted for
driving infractions as determined by the employer driving standards
system., You will be required to electronically attach a resume,
cover letter, and list of references to your application.
Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive
thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals
from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share
our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our
diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the
outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal
history, driving records, education records, employment
verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the
use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas
State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University
System. Texas State University is an EOE .
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and
minorities in administrative and professional positions.
Why work @ Texas State?
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your
first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State
paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly
resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a
variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning
resources, certifications, and employee educational support
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks
offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and
voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of
the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts (all in one document)
- List of References
- Letter of Recommendation #1
- DD 214/DD1300
- Letter of Recommendation #2
- Letter of Recommendation #3
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you currently hold or have the ability to obtain a drivers
license within 90 days of employment?