Lawrence University of Wisconsin, a liberal arts college and conservatory of music located in Appleton, Wisconsin, seeks to hire an Instructor in Business. This two-year, renewable position is not eligible for tenure. The Innovation and Entrepreneurship (I&E) program at Lawrence was launched in 2014 to complement our students’ liberal arts education with an innovative, entrepreneurial skill set and mindset. Building on the success of the program, I&E will launch the Business and Entrepreneurship major in fall 2023. The Instructor of Business will have the opportunity to contribute to the development of academic and co-curricular programming for the new major. The I&E program is firmly grounded in our liberal arts values and mission and provides a path for students to connect their education to creative and productive ventures in both for-profit and non-profit organizations. Lawrence University has three 10-week academic terms each year, and 6 courses per year is the normal teaching load.
- Teach 2 business courses per term (6 per year). These will include introductory accounting and financial management, as well as intermediate and advanced courses depending on the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
- Participate in the implementation of the new Business and Entrepreneurship major
- Support faculty who are interested in incorporating innovation and entrepreneurship into their curricula
- Engage in outreach activities to cultivate and develop collaborations and initiatives that connect the broader Fox Valley community, including communities of color, with the I&E program
- Demonstrated teaching excellence
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in a business-related or business-adjacent field preferred
- Teaching experience at the college level
We welcome applications from individuals who will help us create a more inclusive Lawrence by: (1) further diversifying the faculty; and/or (2) demonstrating experience with successful diversity-related initiatives, creative activity or research; and (3) demonstrating interest or experience in utilizing inclusive pedagogy to address the needs of a diverse student body, particularly as these pedagogies relate to antiracism.
Applications must include a cover letter, résumé, a teaching philosophy statement, evidence of teaching ability, a diversity statement on your experience related to addressing issues of diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in an academic setting and ways that you would contribute to these efforts at Lawrence, and contact information for three professional references. Application and supporting materials must be submitted online at https://lawrence.peopleadmin.com/. For full consideration, application and materials must be submitted by January 3rd, 2023. This position requires in-person teaching on our Appleton, Wisconsin campus.
Lawrence is an equal opportunity employer committed to increasing the diversity of its community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, disability, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression in our educational programs and activities or employment practices.
Candidates are encouraged to read about Lawrence and its surrounding community at Colleges That Change Lives, https://lawrence.peopleadmin.com and www.lawrence.edu. For further information, please contact the Search Committee co-chairs, Adam Galambos or Claudena Skran (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org).