Faculty Employment Specialist (2 Positions)
- San Jose State University
- California, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Nov 30, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Academic Administration, Faculty Affairs, Business & Administrative Affairs, Human Resources Administration
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Reporting to the Senior Director of Faculty Services, the incumbent supports faculty recruitment, appointments, and evaluation processes in SaaS platforms, eFaculty, OnBase, CHRS, and CHRS Recruiting, among others. The Faculty Employment Specialist is primarily responsible for faculty recruitment and appointment processes for temporary and tenure-line faculty and Academic Student Employees (ASE). The incumbent serves as a representative of Faculty Services (FS) to colleges and departments. They also assist candidates with completing, tracking, and reporting on new employee documents and onboarding.
The Faculty Employment Specialist is a prominent role in Faculty Services. The incumbent is a point person for new faculty recruitment and for maintaining faculty and ASE appointments. The incumbent represents Faculty Services to our clients in the Academic Affairs division, collaborating and advising on following procedures and application of regulations. The incumbent works independently with sensitive and confidential data to apply standards and complete faculty-related processes, including determining qualifications for employment and advising for rank and salary. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring compliance with the faculty and Academic Student Employees’ Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBAs), systemwide policies, University Policies, CSU guidelines, and government regulations, as directed. In the collaborative Faculty Services division, the incumbent will be expected to troubleshoot cases with other team members and Management, and to serve as backup for duties assigned to other team members. The incumbent will maintain knowledge and share ownership of all major FS division responsibilities.
- Faculty Recruitment
- Faculty and Academic Student Employee Appointments
- Communication, Customer Service, Help Desk
- Knowledge of or ability to learn university policies and provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreements that apply to faculty processes
- Knowledge of or ability to learn university policies and provisions of the unit 11 Collective Bargaining Agreement that apply to Academic Student Employees (ASEs) processes
- Demonstrated knowledge of the important role of diversity, equity, and inclusion in the values of higher education
- Ability to effectively present ideas and concepts in written or presentation format and use consultative and facilitation skills to gain consensus
- General knowledge of the faculty lifecycle, milestones, professional development, appointment types, rank, and duties and responsibilities
- Knowledge of human resources methods, procedures and practices used in a unionized environment
- Knowledge of or ability to learn structures and operations as related to faculty evaluations, special appointments, leaves, and related processes
- Knowledge of or ability to learn software applications including evaluation applications, Interfolio software services, word processing, spreadsheets, OnBase, database management, Google Suite, CHRS Recruiting, CHRS and video communications
- Expertise in investigating and analyzing problems with a broad administrative impact and implications. Ability to anticipate problems and address them proactively
- Ability to provide consultation to the campus in the areas of faculty and ASE personnel matters, often beyond normal business hours
- Bachelor’s degree or professional training program specific to the position and directly related work experience, or a combination of education and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position
- Three years of administrative work experience
- Extensive administrative experience in higher education, particularly at the intersection of the faculty lifecycle and human resources processes
- Administrative experience in fast-paced, detail-oriented office environment involving processing of high volume of various, often complex transactions, and interface with numerous constituents
Classification: Confidential Administrative Support II
Anticipated Hiring Range: $5,500/month - $6,150/month
CSU Salary Range: $4,464/month - $10,180/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary .
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus (including all booster doses of an approved vaccine for which an individual is eligible per current CDC recommendations) or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. As a condition of employment, any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as well as with other safety measures established on the campus. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to email@example.com .
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. Incumbent is also required to promptly report any knowledge of a possible Title IX related incident to the Title IX Office or report any discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation to the Office of Equal Opportunity.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Housing Fire Safety Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Annual Security Report (ASR) is also now available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Security-Report.pdf. The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and Sexual Assault prevention information, and information about drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery crimes for San José State University locations for the three most recent calendar years. A paper copy of the ASR is available upon request by contacting the Office of the Clery Director by phone at 408-924-1501 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Pursuant to the Higher Education Opportunity Act, the Annual Fire Safety Report (AFSR) is also available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Fire-Safety-Report.pdf . The purpose of this report is to disclose statistics for fires that occurred within SJSU on-campus housing facilities for the three most recent calendar years, and to distribute fire safety policies and procedures intended to promote safety on Campus. A paper copy of the AFSR is available upon request by contacting the Housing Office by phone at 408-795-5600 or by email at email@example.com .
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: November 30, 2022 (9:00 AM) Pacific Standard Time
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert