Job Summary/Basic Function
The Success Coach will serve as a coach for current, new, and
transfer students in the College of Science and Technology. This
person will report to the Associate Provost of for Student Success
and Dean of University College. The position supports undergraduate
student retention and persistence to graduate in the College of
Science and Technology.
Located in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, Millersville University
of Pennsylvania is one of the 10 public universities of
Pennsylvania’s State System of Higher Education. Our pillars of
distinction include exceptionally strong student-faculty
relationships, numerous programs of distinction, a beautiful campus
and vibrant location, and successful job placement for our
students. Our students’ success, both inside and outside of the
classroom, is our highest priority, and we provide numerous
opportunities to facilitate their academic, personal, and social
growth and development. Almost 70 baccalaureate programs are
available for our 6,000 students to find their path. Approximately
one thousand graduate students enroll in 21 master’s and three
doctoral programs. Our faculty are highly respected in their fields
and dedicated to the success of students in the classroom, research
labs, and in campus life. Over 66,000 alumni live in all 50 states
and in 72 countries around the world. We seek individuals who
embrace and value our EPPIIC values of exploration, public mission,
professionalism, inclusion, integrity, and compassion.
Annual Salary: $50,308.00 plus comprehensive benefits starting on
the first day of employment, including:
- Health insurance – Low bi-weekly premium. Employees pay
5% of bi-weekly salary for benefit coverage with ability to pay
2.5% when participating in the wellness program.
- Dental insurance – Coverage is free to employee and
dependents after 90 days
- Vision insurance – Coverage is free to employee and
dependents after 90 days.
- Group life insurance - equal to annual salary (up to
$50,000) at no cost to the employee
- Voluntary Group Life and Accident Insurance – available
for purchase at low rates for additional employee coverage as well
as coverage for spouse and children
- Long Term Disability Insurance – available for purchase
at low rates with either a 90 or 180-day waiting period
- Retirement – 2 plans to choose from
- Tuition waiver – employee, spouse, and dependents are
- Vacation leave – up to 10.4 days accrued for the first
year, increases to up to 15.6 days per year after first year
- Personal leave – up to 5 days per year
- Sick leave – up to 15.6 days accrued per year, including
up to 5 days per year that can be taken to care for a family
- Holiday leave – up to 12 days per calendar year
The State System Employee Benefits Summary can be found at
At Millersville University we are committed to fostering
a learning and working environment that promotes diversity to
foster a climate of inclusion. EPPIIC values and the principles of
Inclusive Excellence are an essential part of the foundation for
our learning and working environment. Millersville University is an
equal opportunity employer and, in compliance with federal and
state laws and university policy, is committed to providing equal
educational and employment opportunities for all persons without
regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, disability,
veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender
expression. Individuals from traditionally underrepresented
populations are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two years’ experience in academic advising or directly related
- Demonstrated ability to:
- work collaboratively with students, parents, faculty, and
- design and implement successful events, programs, and
- provide excellent customer service.
- understand college course selection and registration
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal communication
- Effective time management.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel,
- Evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity, and
- Valid driver’s license.
- Successful interview.
- Successful completion of three background checks.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Master’s degree
- Experience in academic advising in higher education.
- Experience with tutoring.
- Public speaking experience.
- Record keeping experience.
- Experience with Starfish or similar student success
- This position is represented by a labor union and is subject to
the terms and conditions of the SCUPA - SUA & GFPC Collective
- Ability to work remotely if required due to emergency
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and ability to