College of Innovation & Technology Computing Faculty - Open Rank
- College of Innovation & Technology
- Flint, Michigan
- Starting at $85,000 per year + benefits, increasing for higher ranks commensurate with experience.
- Posted Date
- Dec 1, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Computer Sciences & Technology, Other Science & Technology
- Employment Level
- Tenured/Tenured Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The College of Innovation & Technology (CIT) at the University of Michigan-Flint (https://www.umflint.edu/cit/) seeks to become a transformative national leader in the polytechnic experience focused on workforce development, authentic industry partnerships, and experiential learning environments, and invites applications for senior, mid-career, and junior faculty positions in one or more areas of focus:
PLEASE NOTE YOUR AREA OF EXPERTISE IN YOUR COVER LETTER
- Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning
- Augmented Reality / Virtual Reality
- Computer Vision / Image Processing
- Medical / Healthcare Technologies
Candidates are expected to possess the knowledge, drive, and innovative spirit that will set CIT on a trajectory to be recognized as one of the best in the country. Successful candidates will teach undergraduate and graduate courses, mentor undergraduate and graduate students, and establish a robust, externally funded research program. Collaboration to create new programs, certificates, and credentials to prepare graduates for the workforce of the future is also expected. The College of Innovation & Technology continues to develop strong ties with regional industries leading to applied research and experiential learning opportunities. Startup packages for the successful candidates include generous funding and reassignment of teaching.
Review of applications will commence immediately. Full consideration will be given to applications received by January 1, 2023 and applications will continue to be accepted until the positions are filled. The University of Michigan-Flint is a regional public university and one of the three campuses of the University of Michigan. The College of Innovation & Technology is experiencing significant growth and is well positioned to expand and serve a diverse population of students from the region and beyond.
The University of Michigan-Flint is a non-discriminatory, Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.
Applicants of all ranks require an earned doctorate in Computer Science, or closely-related field, or a similar terminal degree. Applicants for tenured Associate and Full Professor must have 8-12 years of academic experience demonstrating excellent teaching in experiential settings and a strong scholarship record, with a history of
successful grant writing preferred. Most importantly, senior applicants must possess a vision of a 21st century polytechnic and have the experience to engage in authentic industry partnerships.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, or closely-related field, or similar terminal degree
- Record of teaching excellence in face-to-face, online, and experiential settings commensurate with desired rank
- Record of research and scholarly publications commensurate with desired rank
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Record of industry partnerships commensurate with desired rank
- Possess a vision of a 21st century polytechnic experience
- Record of leadership and mentorship commensurate with desired rank
How To Apply:
Applications must include: (a) cover letter (INCLUDE AREA OF EXPERTISE), (b) curriculum vitae, (c) teaching statement, (d) research statement, (e) diversity statement, (f) complete contact information of at least four professional references. Additionally, applicants for tenured Associate and Full Professor must submit a statement outlining their vision of a 21st century polytechnic experience. Full consideration will be given to applications received by January 1, 2023, and applications will continue to be accepted until the positions are filled. Tenure is contingent upon the University of Michigan Board of Regents approval.
Apply using the links below:
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert