Posting Details (Default Section)
Adult Nurse Practitioner-Metro
Metropolitan Campus, Teaneck, NJ
Student Health Services-Metro
Carol Brown Tayor
Hiring Manager Title:
Assistant Director Student Health Services
Commensurate with Experience
This position reports to the University Director of Student Health
Services ( SHS ) and provides on-site primary care including
in-depth health assessment and treatment for common health problems
of students. Clinical decision making for identified health
problems is done in consultation with a backup physician following
jointly agreed upon written practice protocols. The incumbent
provides on going follow-up for health problems, including formal
and informal health teaching and counseling about health issues
with students. The Adult Nurse Practitioner will also provide
emergency care to students and university personnel. Practice is in
accordance with approved nursing practice as established by the NJ
Board for Nursing.
1. Master’s degree with a major in nursing in a program designed to
deliver primary health care.
2. R.N. with current NJ. license.
3. Previous work experience as a Nurse Practitioner,
4. Current CPR certificate or willing to obtain.
5. Current certificate in a related specialty area or eligibility
for certification, preferred.
6. Current New Jersey Prescriptive Authority license.
7. Experience working with university or college students,
8. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing
the background check and produce a Social Security Card.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Application Types Accepted:
Application for Employment
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter