Tutor II - Writing
- College of Lake County
- Illinois, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Nov 30, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Humanities, English & Literature, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Curriculum & Instructional Development, Other Academic Affairs, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Student Affairs, Academic Advising & Academic Support Services
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number S02051 Position Title Tutor II - Writing Internal Position Title Tutor II Department Tutoring Center, GLC Position Type Part-Time Flex Job Family Part-Time Flex Job Summary
The Tutor II is an active participant in the CLC Writing Center, coaching students in academic writing across the curriculum as well as in study and technology skills as needed. The Tutor II participates in staff development opportunities, contributes to center projects and helps promote the center within the CLC community. Required Qualification
- Associate’s degree OR junior year standing at a four-year college.
- Minimum of two (2) semesters as a Tutor I and recommendation of the Writing Center Coordinator.
- Ability to tutor in multiple modalities (face-to-face and online).
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with students of diverse backgrounds and abilities.
- Training in an accepted tutor training course ( ENG 260 or equivalent).
- Proficient in MS Office
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
As needed. Software Testing Required None Interview Process Requirements None EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. Summary of Essential Functions
1. Tutor CLC students in writing across the curriculum in multiple modalities (face to face and online).
2. Tutor students in study skills and technology (Word, Google, Canvas) as needed.
3. Mentor less experienced tutors.
4, Present class orientations describing center services.
5. Participate in staff development opportunities and in the tutor evaluation process.
6. Contribute to center projects.
7. Perform other duties as assigned. Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have an Associate's degree OR in a junior year
standing at a four-year?
- * Do you have a minimum of two semesters as a Tutor I and
recommendation of the Writing Center Coordinator?
- * Do you have the ability to tutor in multiple modalities
(face-to-face and online)?
- * Do you have training in an accepted tutor training course
(ENG 260 or equivalent)?
- * Do you have strong computer experience using MS Office
- * Are you bilingual and proficient in Spanish and English?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Availability Schedule
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert