Instructional Designer I
Instructional support for the creation and management of
interactive and engaging course content for distance education
courses, and assist faculty, students, and staff with
implementation of multiple technologies in both classroom and
Candidates Eligible to Apply
Position Funding Type
Posting Detail Information
Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design or in a related area and
two (2) or more years’ experience in Instructional Design.
Master’s Degree in Instructional Design.
Minimum Knowledge & Skills
· Working knowledge of current instructional theories and
principles applicable to Web-based instruction and online course
delivery principles and methods.
· Basic knowledge of graphic design principles.
· Experience creating, packaging, uploading, and delivering content
for viewing online through a browser- based application.
· Strong troubleshooting abilities.
· Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal
· Office 365 proficiency.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Technical knowledge & experience with multiple operating
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
· Knowledge of course management systems (Desire2Learn Brightspace)
and related software.
· Experience in the design and development of technology-based
instructional materials as related to online learning and or
· Experience with podcasts and other live streaming
· Provide faculty support in online course design and technology
implementation which includes online course development and
maintenance, researching, analyzing and interpreting educational
resources and technology trends and demands, and their impact on
COM faculty and students.
· Troubleshoot faculty and student issues within the course
management system and surrounding software. Maintain faculty and
student access to software, tutorials, and other resources.
· Ensure that quality standards and COM’s vision and mission are
reflected in all aspects of the online learning environment by
performing quality assurance reviews of courses to ensure quality
and compliance with published Online Course Review criteria.
· Develop and facilitate training workshops and assist in the
support & maintenance of the Support Center (1st tier response
for students and faculty).
· Counsel faculty in the application of instructional design and
the integration of instructional technology tools into the
· Other duties as assigned.
· No or very limited physical effort required.
· No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
· Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work
Minimum Salary Range
Mid Point Salary Range
Maximum Salary Range
Posting Open Date
Posting Close Date
Posting Will Be Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicant
Please NOTE : All applications must contain complete job histories,
which include job title, dates of employment (month/year), name of
employer, supervisors name and phone numbers and a description of
duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your
application may be considered incomplete. Applications with “See
attached” or “See resume” will not be accepted in lieu of a
complete application. Omission of data can be the basis for
disqualification; you may state “unknown” for any incomplete
fields. A scanned copy of unofficial transcript(s) must be attached
to the online application.
College of the Mainland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity
institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
sex, age, national origin, religion, disability or veteran
College of the Mainland does not discriminate on the basis of
disability in the recruitment and admission of students, the
recruitment and employment of faculty and staff, and the operation
of its programs and activities, as specified by federal laws and
regulations within Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and 1992.
Quick Link to Share for Direct Access to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- * This job may require a flexible schedule. You may be asked to
work a weekly schedule Monday through Friday between the hours of 7
AM and 6 PM with five 8-hour shifts. Is this something you are able
- * Do you have a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Instructional
Design or in a related area and two (2) or more years experience in
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts (1 of 3)
- Media File
- Additional Transcripts (2 of 3)
- Additional Transcripts (3 of 3)