Bachelor of Science Nursing Faculty
- University of Arkansas at Fort Smith
- Arkansas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 1, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Health & Medicine, Nursing, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Faculty Affairs, Student Affairs, Health Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday search bar to view open positions.
All Job Postings will close at 12:01 a.m. CT on the specified Closing Date (if designated).
To view the job posting closing date please return to the search for jobs page.
If you close the browser or exit your application prior to submitting, the application process will be saved as a draft. You will be able to access and complete the application through “My Draft Applications” located on your Candidate Home page.
Type of Position:Faculty - Non-Tenure
Work Shift: Day Shift (United States of America)
Institution Name: University of Arkansas at Fort Smith
The University of Arkansas - Fort Smith is a vibrant mid-sized public university dedicated to breaking the higher education mold by bringing truly transformative, hands-on experiences to every student. From high school seniors to senior professionals, first-generation students to second-chancers, our goal is to provide a high-quality, future-focused education that honors each student's unique, personal situations and goals. Our tiered approach to learning offers students access to more than 80-degree plans and programs including certificate, associate, bachelor's, and master's degrees. We seek to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the diverse population of Arkansas, to maintain the excellence of the university, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, and perspectives.
Located on the Arkansas-Oklahoma border and situated in a region of lakes, Fort Smith is the second-largest city in Arkansas and features a vast array of cultural activities, shopping, dining, and entertainment, including a thriving downtown entertainment district. Parks, trails, and water recreation are all within the city limits, and true outdoor enthusiasts will find the area’s lakes, streams, and mountains offer adventure only minutes away from campus. Fort Smith was recently named by Forbes as the number one city in America for the cost of living, and a top city in the nation for the highest-paying tech jobs. The city is within easy driving distance of Tulsa, Kansas City, Dallas, Little Rock, and Memphis.
Thank you for your interest in joining our university. Below you will find details for the position including any supplementary documentation and/or questions you should review before submitting your application. For general application assistance or if you have questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources at (479) 788-7080.
If you have a disability and need assistance with the hiring process please contact Human Resources at 479-788-7080. Applicants are required to submit a request for each position to which they have applied.
Department:School of Nursing
Summary of Job Duties:Nursing faculty includes all full-time teaching faculty and part-time (adjunct) clinical instructors. The faculty accepts, first and foremost, the responsibility of maintaining high standards of quality nursing education. With the exception of part-time clinical instructors, each nursing faculty member is a member of the University faculty at large, with all the rights, freedoms, privileges, and responsibilities of every other faculty member. School of Nursing (SON) faculty are responsible for adhering to regulations in the University of Arkansas - Fort Smith Employee Handbook as well as those in the SON Faculty Handbook. The position reports to and are directly responsible to the SON Executive Director.
Required Education and/or Work Experience: Hold a current license as a registered nurse in the State of Arkansas. Hold a minimum of a master’s degree in nursing. Preference is for a doctorate degree in nursing or another related field. If candidate does not have a doctorate, then they must be willing to actively pursue a doctorate degree. Have experience in clinical nursing practice and collegiate nursing education. Hold a membership in professional organizations.
Preferred Education and/or Work Experience: A doctoral degree with a focus on nursing education is preferred. Comprehensive experience in multiple nursing specialties a plus.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adheres to course objectives and program outcomes in developing appropriate class content and objectives.
- Assists in the development of standards for the admission, progression, and graduation of nursing students. Serves as a professional role model for the student.
- Assumes responsibility for adhering to policies related to examinations and preparing test items.
- Attends and participates in meetings as scheduled by the SON Executive Director and Dean of the College of Health, Education and Human Sciences.
- Collaborates with peers and the Executive Director regarding development, implementation, and evaluation of the curriculum.
- Furnishes evidence of current CPR certification, immunizations, and TB skin test or chest x-ray on an annual basis.
- Maintains appropriate records regarding student evaluation and progress.
- Maintains high academic standards by adhering to standards established by the Arkansas State Board of Nursing and the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- Participates in theoretical and clinical instruction as assigned by the Executive Director (may assist in more than one course/program if needed).
- Participates in academic advising and counseling.
- Participates in the faculty, student, and program evaluation process.
- Participates in recruitment and retention of students within the School of Nursing.
- Uses appropriate instructional resources to facilitate student progress toward meeting objectives.
- Furnish an unencumbered license to practice nursing is Arkansas upon hire. License must remain current through the duration of appointment.
- Consistently participates in scholarly and/or service activities.
- Develops effective working relationships within the School of Nursing, College of Health, Education and Human Sciences, UA Fort Smith, and community.
- Maintains security and confidentiality of all records and examinations.
- Maintains office hours for consultation. Collaborates with student in selection and evaluation of preceptors (when appropriate) to assure successful completion of practicum objectives.
- Maintains an electronic copy of all lecture materials on file in the School of Nursing.
- Participates in professional and community activities for the purpose of bringing education, service, and research findings together for the improvement of health care.
- Participates in continuing education programs to remain current in practice.
- Promotes the goals, objectives and reputation of the School of Nursing with the College of Health, Education and Human Sciences, UA Fort Smith, and community.
- Promotes cohesiveness between faculty and students within the School of Nursing.
- Responsible for maintaining a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to foster teamwork and to provide leadership for subordinates.
- Requires consistent on-time attendance.
- Serves as advisor to the local chapter of the Arkansas Student Nurses Association as appointed.
- Submits goals for the coming year no later than December 1.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To perform the job successfully, the following competencies are required for the essential functions of this position:
- Faculty has met the requirements of their degrees as set forth by an accredited institution.
- Faculty must demonstrate mastery of specific subject areas related to their professional practice and assignments.
- Faculty must maintain current credentials in their field.
Working Relationships: Develop effective working relationships with UA Fort Smith Administration, College of Health, Education and Human Sciences Administration, College of Health, Education and Human Sciences Staff, College of Health, Education and Human Sciences students, Community leaders, School of Nursing Advisory Board, Community health care providers, Fort Smith area community.
Background Check Requirements. Must hold an unencumbered nursing license in the state of Arkansas. A criminal background check will be completed and must be clear of any infractions that would prohibit the practice of nursing in Arkansas.
Commensurate with education and experience.
Required Documents to Apply:
Cover Letter/Letter of Application, Curriculum Vitae, License or Certificate (see special instructions for submission instructions), List of three Professional References (name, email, business title), Resume, Unofficial/Official Transcript(s)
Proof of Veteran Status
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Recruitment Contact Information:
Human Resources 479-788-7080
All application materials must be uploaded to the University of Arkansas System Career Site https://uasys.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/UASYS
Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
This position may be subject to a pre-employment criminal background check, sex offender registry check, financial history background check, and/or drug screening. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication and/or adverse financial history alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background checks and drug screening information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
Constant Physical Activity:
Frequent Physical Activity:
Occasional Physical Activity:
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert