- Georgia Southern University
- Georgia, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Nov 30, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Facilities Management & Physical Plant
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Job ID: 252157
Location: Georgia Southern - Savannah
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
Armstrong Campus - Savannah, GA
Department of Armstrong Grounds Operations
Maintain and repair irrigation systems in a large, commercial setting. Equipment can include sprinklers, water lines, pumps, and other plumbing equipment. Provide technical knowledge and expertise in grounds maintenance and irrigation operations.
- Install, repair and replace irrigation systems and related equipment
- Responsible for inventory of parts, supplies, and equipment of irrigation systems
- Conduct regular system inspections and perform troubleshooting exercises
- Diagnose problems with electrical meters and pumps; necessary repairs and adjustments to maintain all systems in proper working conditions
- Interpret irrigation plans
- Locate irrigation lines in support of excavation efforts
- Assist with inspection of repairs and installations made by outside contractors
- Supervise staff
- Install, remove, maintain, and repair irrigation systems and the various components
- Responsible for the installation of time clocks that operate irrigation systems
- Work with others to efficiently perform assigned tasks including those in other divisions
- Maintain certain logs, records, and reports, as required, and submit billable hours
- Compile and submit reports and records on the conditions of all systems
- Associates Degree or two (2) years of post-secondary education/formal technical training
- Three (3) or more years of related work experience
- Supervisory experience
- Experience with computer maintenance irrigation systems
- Experience operating irrigation controllers and timers for sprinklers
- Experience in the calculation of water use required for landscape plant materials and determining precipitation rates for irrigation systems
$14.66 - $16.25
This is an exempt position paid on a bi-weekly basis.
Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter
- Two (2) Professional References
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Ability to work well in a diverse and inclusive environment through commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Working knowledge and skills in methods, tools, materials and equipment standard to irrigation management
- Effective communication (verbal and written), organizational and human relations skills
Apply Before Date
December 23, 2022
Application review may begin on November 28, 2022.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at email@example.com.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Legally authorized to work in the United States for the duration of employment without assistance from the University.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
Proof of valid driver's license upon hire and throughout employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
- May be required to maneuver items weighing up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Stand, bend, walk and lift as needed throughout the day
- May at times, be required to perform work in harsh conditions
- Subject to all types of weather conditions
- Work generally performed outdoors
- Requires use of safety equipmentThis is a supervisory position
- This position will not travel
- This is a supervisary position
- Standard + Education & DMV
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=252157&PostingSeq=1
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert