ASSISTANT PROFESSOR - PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT PROGRAM
- Ithaca College
- New York, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Nov 29, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Curriculum & Instruction, Education Administration & Leadership, Health & Medicine, Medicine, Other Health & Medicine, Administrative, Student Affairs, Health Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Physician Assistant Program in the School of Health Sciences and Human Performance is accepting applications for a full-time, non-tenure track Assistant Professor (Principal Faculty).
Anticipated start date: Negotiable
Academic Appointment: Academic rank is commensurate with experience
Position Summary: The faculty member reports directly to the Program Director. Primary responsibilities include:
• Work closely with the Program Director and Director of Didactic Education to ensure cohesiveness of the didactic curriculum by implementing curricula that is in harmony with the educational philosophy of the program.
• Design original or review and modify as appropriate existing curricula to correlate with program defined goals and learning outcomes.
• Responsible for generating and delivering classroom learning experiences and clinical skills instruction within the basic medical and clinical science topics based on the individual’s qualifications.
• Responsible for student assessment and remediation.
• Actively participate in programmatic data gathering and analysis, as well as design and implementation of action plans in response to the analysis.
• Actively participate in the accreditation process.
• Student advisement
• Engage in scholarly research activity.
• Participate in the admissions process of the program including recruitment and student selection.
• Participate in the annual mission statement review.
Required Qualifications: Master’s degree from an accredited Physician Assistant Program; current NCCPA certification with eligibility for licensure in the State of New York;
• Previous clinical precepting or teaching experience for an accredited physician assistant program or medical school is strongly preferred.
• Clinicians new to academia, with at least one year of clinical experience as a Physician Assistant, are encouraged to apply and will have the opportunity to work in a highly collaborative environment with active and supportive mentoring and faculty development training.
• Effective communicator
• Competent analytical skills
• Desire to develop as a faculty and leader in PA education.
• Demonstrated ability to lead, engage and communicate with diverse students, healthcare professional and stakeholders.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Commitment to diversity and inclusion to ensure a culture of care
• Passion for physician assistant education
Please submit CV and a cover letter detailing your teaching OR leadership philosophy. Candidates are encouraged to indicate in their cover letter how they might contribute to the College's goals to advance diversity, equity and inclusion and belonging. Questions about the online application can be directed to the Ithaca College Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org , 607-274-8000.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the College is appreciated.
Visa sponsorship will be considered for this position.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background check.
Hiring range: $60,000 - $185,000
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. We offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State’s scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger’s as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.edu
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert