ANCTICIPATED HIRING RANGE:
$6,000 - $7,200
However, offer amount will be commensurate with candidate's
experience, education, skills, and training.
CSU CLASSIFICATION SALARY RANGE:
CSUB offers a best-in-class benefit
package for eligible employees that includes an array of medical
plans, choice of dental plans, vision coverage, retirement
participation in CalPERS, CSU tuition waiver, up to 24 vacation
days per year, sick leave with unlimited accrual, 14 paid holidays
per year and more! See our benefits
for additional information.
CANDIDATES ELIGIBLE TO APPLY:
Open to all
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
FOR PRIORITY CONSIDERATION
, applications must be
received by November 27, 2022
; however, the
position will remain open until filled.
faculty, staff, and
students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized
or declare a medical or religious
exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently
open search process should be prepared to comply with this
requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at
CSU Vaccination Policy [calstate.policystat.com]
may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Information Technology Services
(ITS) is CSU Bakersfield's central IT organization, providing
computing, infrastructure, telecommunications and support for the
teaching, learning, research, business, and outreach activities of
the University. Under administrative direction of the Director, IT
Support Services, the Support Services Manager, within Information
Technology Services (ITS), provides general supervision and
operational oversight of the Support Services team.
Responsibilities include management of staff and service areas that
focus on the delivery of technology services to the campus. These
services include but are not limited to: Academic Technology
Support, Desktop Support, Account Management, Business Applications
and Standardization, Service Center management, Computer
Purchasing, and Asset Management. The Support Services Manager
leads a staff of about 9-12 professionals to create and maintain
appropriate technology to support the services and support areas.
In collaboration with other managers and directors, the Support
Services Manager works to provide best in class customer
experience, as well as efforts and initiatives of ITS. The Support
Services Manager also works in close association with other members
of the campus.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Technology Support Services
B. Academic and Instructional Space Support
- Deliver technology platforms, tools and services empowering
campus personnel to maximize their technology investment.
- Provide guidance and direction to application administrators to
maintain service continuity and continual improvement to further IT
and campus wide initiatives.
- Help establish and document employee policies and processes for
the support services team, collaborating with upper management to
ensure divisional needs are met.
- Provide guiding consultation with process workflow and
communication, such as workflow and document management tools
(e.g., ServiceNow, Office365, and collaboration spaces).
- Provide direct desktop support via incident and problem
management, lifecycle management, and establishing standardized
- Maintain and report on all IT managed assets for faculty,
staff, students, and loaner program(s).
- Lead campus-wide projects that impact the areas supported by
the Support Services team.
C. Leadership and Supervision
- Manage Audio/Visual equipment systems in instructional
- Assist with design requirements for media equipment.
- Aid faculty with use and support of Smart Classrooms.
- Troubleshoot technical issues to ensure instructors can teach
- Provide documentation and guidance for Smart Classroom
- Ensure support tickets are in place for the work that is
performed and are completed based on the requirements of the
- Maintain remote management and operation tools for AV
D. Disaster Recovery Worker
- Directly supervise staff through selecting, training,
evaluating, and disciplining as needed.
- Provide day to day operational leadership for staff and student
team members through planning, organizing, and directing others in
their work while providing leadership and encouragement of staff
growth, cross-curricular experiences, and increased
responsibilities as needed.
- Regularly meet with full time staff and student staff to mentor
and coach as needed.
- Promote open communication and transparency in a manner that
builds relationships and trust.
- Understand services, develop metrics, KPIs, and provide
continuous improvement for service life cycles.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE –
- All MPP employees are considered Disaster Service Workers, (CA
Gov. Code Section 3100), and are required to attend trainings and
possibly hold a position in the CSUB Emergency Operations Center
(EOC), as assigned.
Graduation from a
four-year college or university. Minimum of three (3) years of
technical and progressively responsible experience within client
services, educational technology, software licensing
management/development and/or hardware lifecycle management and
purchasing negotiations. Experience developing and setting
standards for end user and campus technology required.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, CREDENTIALS:
a valid driver's license or the ability to obtain by date of
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES (SKA's) –
- Regular and reliable attendance is required.
- Solid working knowledge of Technology Industry Standards such
as ISO 20000, ITIL, and Lean IT.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ITIL or ITSM principles or excellent
customer service experience.
- Ability to use support ticketing systems (e.g., Remedy,
- Experience supporting applications – user, security, workflow,
integration with other systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, and compete hardware repairs
for Windows, Mac, and iOS devices.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, and complete software
Incident and Problem issues.
- Ability to work with vendors in support of hardware warranty
administration and support.
- Ability to delegate effectively to plan and direct the work of
subordinates while maintaining a spirit of teamwork and positive
- Demonstrated customer service experience requiring a very high
level of diplomacy and professionalism.
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy to effectively handle a broad
range of high level and sensitive interpersonal situations with
diverse personalities, and to respond appropriately to conflicts
- Ability to initiate, establish, and foster communication and
teamwork by maintaining a positive, cooperative, productive work
atmosphere in the University with the ability to establish and
maintain effective working relationships within a diverse
population and with those from various cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to effectively
communicate information in a clear and understandable manner, both
verbally and in writing.
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling and
- Ability to interpret, communicate and apply policies and
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the
ability to set own priorities to coordinate multiple assignments
with fluctuating and time-sensitive deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills and competence with a variety of
computer applications including word-processing, spreadsheets,
databases, on-line systems, Internet as well as online calendaring
- Working knowledge of or ability to quickly learn University
- Possesses a customer-oriented and service-centered
- One (1) year leading application administrators in a higher
- One (1) year experience managing IT or related team(s).
- ITIL/ITSM Foundation certification and/or PMP
- Experience leading a support services team using ServiceNow,
software evaluation and purchasing in a higher education
- Successful experience leading teams in a unionized
- Demonstrated skills in an institutional/educational
- Experience with Audio/Visual equipment.
- Experience supporting large scale, multi-OS, desktop
- Proven experience with academic research in higher
MEDIUM WORK – up to 40% of the
activities involve sitting, standing, squatting, kneeling or
walking; lifting heavy weight objects limited to 50 pounds; may
involve pushing and pulling objects within the weight limits.
Only those applicants possessing
experience most directly related to the immediate needs of the
office will be invited to appear before a Qualifications Appraisal
Board for the purpose of appraising training, experience, and
interest in the position.
Satisfactory completion of a
background check (including a criminal records check) is required
for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment,
which may be rescinded if the background check reveals
disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the
candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to
satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the
continued employment of a current CSU employee who was
conditionally offered the position.
Sensitive positions are
designated by the CSU as requiring heightened scrutiny of
individuals holding the position, based on potential for harm to
children, concerns for the safety and security of the people,
animals, or property, or heightened risk of financial loss to the
CSU or individuals in the university community.
MANDATED REPORTER: Limited
person holding this position is considered a limited mandated
reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act
and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU
Executive Order 1083, revised July 21, 2017.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST:
A "designated position" in
the CSU's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate
accepting this position is required to file Conflict of Interest
forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices
It is the policy of
California State University, Bakersfield to hire only United States
citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United
States. All new employees will be required to present documentation
verifying their right to accept employment. You will also be
requested to present a social security card at the time of initial
appointment in compliance with state payroll regulations. State
regulations require that every state employee sign the Oath of
Allegiance prior to commencing the duties of his/her State
employment, except legally employed non-citizens. These individuals
are required to sign the Declaration of Permission to Work.
California State University,
Bakersfield is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity.
Applicants will be considered without regard to gender, race, age,
color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic
information, marital status, disability or covered veteran