Posting Details (Default Section)
Assoc/Full Professor and Program Director, OTD Program
Florham Campus, Madison, NJ
School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences-Florham
Hiring Manager Title:
Dean School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
Commensurate with Experience
The Associate/Full Professor and Program Director of the
Occupational Therapy Doctorate ( OTD )
Program will work
alongside University administration, including the Dean of the
School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (SoP&HS) and other
members of the School’s leadership team, to continue the
development and launch the newly established program in
Occupational Therapy. The director will also spearhead the
accreditation for the program, working with Accreditation Council
for Occupational Therapy Education to establish the parameters for
accreditation and bring the school through this longitudinal
process. This position includes responsibility for program
administration, building a faculty and administrative team and
teaching within the OTD program. The position is a tenure-track,
12-month appointment at the rank of associate professor or
Specific responsibilities include:
1. Lead the effort to implement the OTD program, establishing a
program that addresses the current and emerging role of
occupational therapy as an expanding discipline.
2. Identify strategic goals and milestones for the program and
oversee daily operations.
3. Manage the curriculum for the program, assuring the program is
both relevant and attractive to potential students, partners and
4. Develop a plan for the continued recruitment and retention of
faculty, students and partners within the program to assure its
long-term success and sustainability.
5. Manage the ongoing process of accreditation with the
Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education ( ACOTE ),
including the timeline and plan for accreditation, maintaining
contact and communication with the accrediting body, developing a
rapport with the commission and managing the overall accreditation
6. Support tracking of individual student performance data in
meeting accreditation requirements.
7. Collaborate with the appropriate committees, faculty members,
and administrators in developing coursework, experiential learning,
assessment of student outcomes and identifying strategies for
continuous quality improvement.
8. Cultivate and maintain strong contacts with the community, local
and national corporations, health care systems, school systems and
professional associations to develop a strong network of
occupational therapy practice sites.
9. Teach within the Occupational Therapy Doctorate program.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
The FDU SoP&HS is located in Northern New Jersey and prepares
future health care professionals for diverse roles across the
health care continuum through a culture of learning, scholarship,
innovation, advocacy, and leadership. The school hosts additional
health sciences disciplines including the following degree
programs: Master of Public Health ( MPH ), Master of Social Work (
MSW ), Doctorate in Pharmacy (PharmD), and Master of Physician
The mission of FDU’s School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences is to
create a values-based, student-centered learning experience that
prepares graduates who are committed to improving the health of
individuals and populations through leadership roles in health care
research, and practice settings.
As Fairleigh Dickinson University has a long-standing commitment to
access and opportunity for diverse populations, FDU SoP&HS is
committed to hiring faculty who have individual student success as
their primary goal, and who are effective role models and
demonstrate the values we teach.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until
the position is filled.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
1. A minimum of 8 years of documented experience in the field of
2. A Master’s degree in Occupational Therapy and earned doctorate
in a health-related field.
3. At least three years of full-time experience teaching within an
Occupational Therapy academic program at the postbaccalaureate
4. Clinical practice experience as an Occupational Therapist.
Currently licensed or eligible for OT license in the state of New
5. Administrative experience including, but not limited to, program
planning and implementation, personnel management, evaluation, and
6. A firm understanding of the role of the Occupational Therapy
7. Record of accomplishment in scholarship, teaching and/or service
eligible for academic appointment at the rank of associate or full
8. Evidence of leadership and innovation within the field of
Occupational Therapy or a closely aligned discipline.
9. Experience with the occupational therapy accreditation process,
including a familiarity with the self-study process, submission
guidelines and timelines for accreditation.
10. Academic experience with skills and experience with
instructional design and course development.
11. Ability to handle multiple priorities; excellent organizational
12. Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal
skills with the ability to work effectively with faculty.
13. Ability to develop and maintain effective and constructive
collaborative relationships with faculty and administration in the
School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences and throughout the
14. Ability to handle multiple priorities; excellent organizational
15. Ability to work independently and as an effective team
16. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing
the background check and produce a Social Security Card.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Application Types Accepted:
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document